“Excellent Stay”

Residence Inn Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #64 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The room we had was excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating. The breakfast was acceptable although not great. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Tucson Williams Centre

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good location, comfortable rooms, helpful staff. Have stayed here multiple times with family members and it is always very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This hotel had good and not-so good qualities:
Good:
1. Excellent customer service from the front desk, to the breakfast staff and the housekeepers...this staff aims to please!
2. Nice pool with BBQ and shaded areas
3. Adequate fitness center. Eliptical, recumbant bike, two treadmills and weights. TV in the room and Eliptical has its own TV. If you want more, the hotel gives you access to Platinum Fitness down the street too!
4. Evening socials monday through friday with free food and manager's greeting
5. Rooms are nice size, clean, kitchenette
6. Nice big free breakfast
7. Within walking distance to several great restaurants including seafood, steak, pasta, sandwiches, and a brewery
8. Free wireless worked great inside the hotel, as well as by the pool

Not-so-good qualities:
1. No restaurant or bar. Hot free breakfast though, which was wonderful. They offer a limited (pizza/pasta) 'room service" menu, however I think the food is made off sight and delivered. I didn't utilize this service so I don't know how the food is. (Target is across the street if you want to bring your own wine to the hotel!)
2. I thought the room was too warm at night and guests aren't able to manage the heat and ac. I understand why this is, but the temp is set at 73, which is too hot at night.

Overall, this is a good hotel in a great location!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Coralee G
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I spent two weeks in a 2BR suite. Overall, it's a nice place. Having a living space, kitchen and laundry were convenient for an extended business trip. However, I got very little sleep during the trip. Tried both bedrooms - the mattresses were thin and very uncomfortable, and the heat/air unit outside was VERY loud. Didn't need an alarm clock as the 6am garbage truck was my wakeup call. Also, housekeeping was sometimes great, sometimes awful. When I first arrived, I pulled a glass from the cabinet...and it had lipstick on it. There were dirty plates and cutlery in the cabinet as well. The hotel follows the "green" towel rules - but some days I'd hang my towels up, only to find new towels when I returned. Or I'd leave towels in the floor...and find that they weren't replaced. It's like the housekeeping staff had it backwards.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KDS241
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was referred to this hotel by a coworker and being this was my first time to Tucson I trusted their judgment. This was a business trip that required a two month stay and it was my first time staying at a Residence Inn by Marriott. When I walked into the lobby (with no reservation) a vibrant staff member greeted me right off. Once I explained that I didn’t have a reservation and told her the length of my stay she offered to show me one of their three room choices. You may be thinking pictures; actually she took me to a real room so I could get a feel of it before making a decision. I was amazed by this! SOLD. The rooms were great; complete with pullout couch, two tv’s, stove, dish washer, refrigerator, queen bed, coffee pot, all dishes and silverware and a wonderful view of the mountains. After getting settled in my new temporary home it was time for dinner (that the hotel provided). Again, I was impressed. The full time cooks made you feel like you were at a restaurant, tending to all of your needs while they replenished the buffet style dinner. The free beer and wine was the icing on the cake. Breakfast was also provided daily by the hotel and it saved me a fortune. The heated pool, hot tub and basketball court seemed to be a hit even though I never used them. The hotel had a large gas grill that was a nice touch and came in handy. By the end of my first week every hotel staff member knew my name and memorized what room I was in. (again amazed) The staff were probably the best part of the hotel, not only did they tend to every need but they were all full of energy and seemed to really enjoy being there. The front desk manager is an amazing person, going far beyond her required duties to make my stay more enjoyable. The hotel manager was equally friendly, helpful and attentive to any needs that may arise. If every Residence Inn by Marriott is as good as this one I pity their competition.

Room Tip: there are three different room styles to choose from.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Snake_charmer315
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The hotel is surrounded by business parks so it is the perfect location if you're looking to visit one of the adjacent business parks. Otherwise, it is a bit of a drive to I10 or downtown Tucson. This is a very nice hotel and very clean but it is new so that is to be expected. Checked in pretty late, had requested a crib and although there was one left in the room it was not made up and no sheets were left behind for it (this was a disappointment and a drop in the standard I've experienced with other RI's) Front desk agent could have been more personable, acted like she didn't want to be at work. If it wasn't for guests checking in, you wouldn't have a job, lady... straighten up your act! Overall, nice hotel with average location and service.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank agirlinca
Reviewed December 23, 2011

A tennis court, gym outdoor heated pool, perfect for fall/winter. The suite is great. Two room with it's own queen and bathroom. A living room and kitchenette is perfect for a small family. Convenience to everything from food to shopping and easy access to highway. Wish I have my family with me for a vacation instead of work.

• Stayed: December 2011