“Now we are ruined for anyplace else”

Flying V Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying V Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,042 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Kolb/Sunrise
Description: Executive Chef Ken Harvey has created a delicious menu for you to savor indoors in our rustic dining room, in front of the cozy fireplace—or outdoors on our patio, surrounded by magnificent views. Indulge in our famous table-side guacamole, made to order by the guacamoliere, our very own guacamole expert who mixes the freshest ingredients just the way you like it.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

OMG . Best meal we have ever had, and we thought we had found some greats. The flying v at Lowes Ventana Canyon Tucson is the best by far. Chef Brandon has the most unique and delicious food combinations we have ever experienced. The Chef was charming and gracious, and the atmosphere superb. Mike was tireless. Everything we tried was wonderful. Hard to imagine going anyplace else after this experience. We send our thanks and kudos to Chef Brandon and Lowes

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I have dined at the Flying V a few times. It's a great date night spot and everything we've had has been absolutely wonderful. The sea bass tacos are a fave, along with the guacamole and cioppino. I've also had and loved the oysters, quail, tuna and salmon; all perfectly cooked. The cocktails are also some of the best I've had.
Last time we were there, our server Fabian was friendly, attentive and even remembered my husband's favorite tequila. We were shocked! We also had the chance to meet with Chef Kyle who came out to ensure that our meals were delicious. He was incredible personable and we appreciated that he took pride in his culinary creations. We will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were doing an overnight stay at the Ventana Canyon Resort & check-in recommended the Flying-V for dinner. Everything was fantastic! A great view overlooking the golf course to the outstanding service.We both started with a salad, however the duck was DIVINE! We both had the duck & it was cooked to perfection. Our next trip to Tucson will include a stop at the Flying-V.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We're currently staying at the Loews hotel that this restaurant is associated with. We were too tired to go out for a meal. Since this place is about a hundred yards away from our room, we figured we'd give it a shot.

The food was fine- I've certainly had better. My salmon was average. The arugula pesto was way too strong. I chose asparagus and polenta for my sides. The asparagus was pretty good, but I didn't care for the polenta. My partner had the burger and he thought it was decent- but I don't eat red meat so I didn't get to try it.

For dessert, we shared the carrot cake. This was probably a mistake- the cake was shaped like a brick, tasteless, and had no frosting. Instead, they put a little mousse on the side. The mousse was amazing- mainly the reason I'm rating this place with three stars. The other reason being that the cornbread they served to us before our meals came out was the best cornbread I've ever had.

My advice? Unless you're staying at the hotel and don't feel like leaving, don't seek this place out. I had read the great reviews and I was definitely disappointed by the meal (but who knows, maybe we just hit them on a bad night?)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Flying V was an extremely enjoyable experience from start to finish. My husband and I were greeted with a warm welcome and immediately taken to our table (we made reservations earlier that day). The restaurant is clean and comfortable with a modern Southwestern vibe. The beautiful Tucson city lights sparkle through the large windows.

We began with the table-side Guacamole. The special ingredient for the evening was Mango - YUM! The friendly woman finished the Guacamole and had us taste it to make sure it was just right, which it was. Delicious and fresh, this was the perfect intro to our meal.

I knew looking at the menu that no matter what I chose, I'd be making a great decision. I finally decided on the Ahi that came with spinach, quinoa, and Brussels (all of my favorites). Husband ordered the New York Strip. We became completely silent during our meal because everything was so delicious. Cumquat infused tequila was served mid meal which was sweet and delicious.

Our waiter Aaron was very attentive and we felt very well taken care of during the meal. Another waiter, Jon, stopped by to make sure everything was excellent, which we appreciated. Before we could even think about it, a specialty dessert was sent to our table straight from the Chef. Carrot cake, chocolate ice cream pops, and bread pudding...I was in absolute heaven.

As my first dining experience at the Flying V, I see why its ranking is so high. I will be returning to the V with my girl friends and my family. Special occasions or no occasion at all, I get the feeling I will always feel like my business is appreciated at this restaurant. My husband and I love dining out in Tucson, and I'm pleased to say we have a new favorite spot!

Been to Flying V Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!