“Excellent Food--Excellent Service”

Flying-V Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying-V Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Kolb/Sunrise
Description: This restaurant is located at Loews Ventana Canyon resort.
“Excellent Food--Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We just returned to our Tucson home after dining at the Flying V this evening. I must commend this restaurant's staff for preparing, presenting, and serving an outstanding meal. Both my wife and I ordered the rack of lamb. It was prepared to perfection and served with delicious sides. I thoroughly enjoyed the spaghetti squash side.

While this may seem trivial it was important to me: being bald, I always wear a hat. When we were seated a young gentleman took my hat and after dinner our server graciously retried it. Not a big deal to most, but very important to me. My wife and I have dined at most of Tucson's fine dining locations. The Flying V is the only one that exceeded and surpassed our expectations. We will definitely return! The Flying V will be a dining spot whenever out of town guests come to our home.

We started our meal with guacamole prepared tableside. We had our choice of ingredients including the addition of habanero and jalapeno chile. My wife was concerned that they might be too spicy for her so the chef graciously let me sample this addition. I thought it was great, but definitely too hot for my wife. The chef, kindly gave me some on the side. A small touch, but again greatly appreciated. The entire dinner had that attribute: small acts of courtesy added to make our dining experience enjoyable.

If you live in Tucson or are visiting the Old Pueblo you will not be disappointed if you spend an evening at the Flying V at Loews Ventana Canyon.

• Visited October 2013

Falmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Great steaks”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a really nice, friendly place to eat with the superb service. We had steaks to die for and a bottle of Arizona red wine that was a real surprise. not too expensive either.

• Visited October 2013
“Spectacular Anniversary”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary and decided to celebrate it at Flying-V Bar & Grill. We were immediately welcomed by our server, Scott and our fantastic night began. My husband and I enjoyed the table-made guacamole, lobster tacos and the Chef prepared us a special plate of fresh Venison. Everything was prepared perfectly and the presentation was outstanding. Scott was very personal and knowledgeable of the menu and made wonderful recommendations. The Chef even greeted us with a custom desert plate for our anniversary and made us feel very special. The entire atmosphere and staff enhanced our romantic night out and we will absolutely be dining here again soon.

Visited October 2013
Whitby, Canada
“Wonderful sunset dinner outside.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our dinner was excellent and not rushed at all. Our table outside looked over the gold course and the front of the resort.

Visited September 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Fantastic Food, Fantastic Chef!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I dined at the Flying V for my birthday with 5 members of my family. My aunt was visiting from Montana and we knew that this was the perfect restaurant for a special occasion- the food and view are classic Arizona and just what we were looking for. We were promptly seated at nice window table where we could watch the sunset. Our margaritas were perfect! We ordered the jalapeño prickly pear margarita, blood orange margarita, peach margarita and I had the grand fiesta margarita! All of the drinks were unique and tasty. We started with the table side guacamole which we customized to our liking and ceviche. Both were authentic and the perfect portion size. We ordered an assortment of entrees and had a hard time choosing because everything looked fantastic! The new chef they've brought in has truly brought a breath of fresh air to this restaurant! For entrees we had the pheasant, lobster tacos, sea bass, ahi tuna, organic salmon and the in house dry aged new york steak. The steak was phenomenal and all of the seafood was so fresh you'd think you were eating on the coast. My brother raved about the pheasant since he loves wild game which isn't easy to find in Tucson. On top of the food being fantastic, Chef Brandon came out to our table to ask us how everything was. It was such a nice surprise and we felt honored that the Chef visited our table and had a nice polite conversation with us. When it came time for dessert, our server brought out a surprise dessert platter for our table! It was custom made by the chef himself when he heard we were celebrating a birthday! This was such a treat and the platter allowed everyone to enjoy some dessert since it's hard for six people to share one dessert. The black bottom banana tart was a showstopper and something my sister now compares all desserts to. Our service was prompt, friendly and accommodating. What truly made our dining experience shine was the food and the Chef! See you soon Flying V!

• Visited August 2013