“Spectacular Anniversary”

Flying V Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying V Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,033 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Kolb/Sunrise
Description: Executive Chef Ken Harvey has created a delicious menu for you to savor indoors in our rustic dining room, in front of the cozy fireplace—or outdoors on our patio, surrounded by magnificent views. Indulge in our famous table-side guacamole, made to order by the guacamoliere, our very own guacamole expert who mixes the freshest ingredients just the way you like it.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary and decided to celebrate it at Flying-V Bar & Grill. We were immediately welcomed by our server, Scott and our fantastic night began. My husband and I enjoyed the table-made guacamole, lobster tacos and the Chef prepared us a special plate of fresh Venison. Everything was prepared perfectly and the presentation was outstanding. Scott was very personal and knowledgeable of the menu and made wonderful recommendations. The Chef even greeted us with a custom desert plate for our anniversary and made us feel very special. The entire atmosphere and staff enhanced our romantic night out and we will absolutely be dining here again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our dinner was excellent and not rushed at all. Our table outside looked over the gold course and the front of the resort.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I dined at the Flying V for my birthday with 5 members of my family. My aunt was visiting from Montana and we knew that this was the perfect restaurant for a special occasion- the food and view are classic Arizona and just what we were looking for. We were promptly seated at nice window table where we could watch the sunset. Our margaritas were perfect! We ordered the jalapeño prickly pear margarita, blood orange margarita, peach margarita and I had the grand fiesta margarita! All of the drinks were unique and tasty. We started with the table side guacamole which we customized to our liking and ceviche. Both were authentic and the perfect portion size. We ordered an assortment of entrees and had a hard time choosing because everything looked fantastic! The new chef they've brought in has truly brought a breath of fresh air to this restaurant! For entrees we had the pheasant, lobster tacos, sea bass, ahi tuna, organic salmon and the in house dry aged new york steak. The steak was phenomenal and all of the seafood was so fresh you'd think you were eating on the coast. My brother raved about the pheasant since he loves wild game which isn't easy to find in Tucson. On top of the food being fantastic, Chef Brandon came out to our table to ask us how everything was. It was such a nice surprise and we felt honored that the Chef visited our table and had a nice polite conversation with us. When it came time for dessert, our server brought out a surprise dessert platter for our table! It was custom made by the chef himself when he heard we were celebrating a birthday! This was such a treat and the platter allowed everyone to enjoy some dessert since it's hard for six people to share one dessert. The black bottom banana tart was a showstopper and something my sister now compares all desserts to. Our service was prompt, friendly and accommodating. What truly made our dining experience shine was the food and the Chef! See you soon Flying V!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We recently ate here based on all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. Sorry folks, but while the location is lovely and the service great I did not think that the food was great. We ate here during Restaurant Week and while we added extra appetizers to our meal I did not think the overall dinner plate was good. The dinner portions were small and not great. We had the guacamole which was freshly made at our table and I have had better. The table next to us ordered fish and the smell when it came out was overwhelming and we were outside which tells you how strong it was. Personally I would not go back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently attended a week long conference at the Loew's Ventana Canyon Resort and dined in their on-site restaurant, the Flying-V Bar and Grill. The restaurant is situated on the property in a separate building that overlooks their small lake and waterfall -- very picturesque. The food and service were so good the first night that we dined there that we went back a second night. I ordered the organic salmon which was cooked perfectly and very delicious served with quinoa and grilled asparagus. One of my dining companions and I split a caesar salad which the restaurant split for us before serving it. Even shared, it was quite an ample portion. The second evening we dined there I had the chilean sea bass which was very good too. The waiter was very personable and gave great attentive service. I look forward to the opportunity to dine there again in the future when in Tucson.

Been to Flying V Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!