“Good Italian food”

Dolce Vita
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I went to this place probably four years back and wasn't impressed, and didn't like the atmosphere. However, recently, I wanted something close and after seeing the recent good review, I though I'd check 'em out again.

I'm glad I did. Killer food. Almost reminds me of grandma's. I went last friday night after eight, and it was pretty slow, had great service, and liked the atmosphere. I'm not sure whether it changed, but I think so. There were two specials: I had the lamb shanks - muy tender and tasty - my friend had the salmon, stuffed or something, which she liked. (And she's not a fish eater.) I also had a side of Italian sausage. Very tasty. Oh, good sauce there, too. Like, you can taste the garlic in it. What a [--] concept.

OH, YEAH, we got dessert, too. Tiramisu and some almond custardy thing. Both awesome, and healthy-sized slabs, too. Bonus.

Tonight, I picked up a side of sausage and a side of meatballs. Mmmmmm. I'm munchin. And with that, ariva derci.

1  Thank iondelus

Reviewed August 5, 2008

This restaurant was a great experience. They held our reservation for 6 as we were running late. The service, menu choices, wine list and food were all great. I will eat here again. All 6 of us were pleased with our dining experience. We dined at the restaurant on August 3rd, 2008.

1  Thank Fun2222
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Went with family, had calamari appetizer, waited additional 20 min just for salad and bread (it was busy). My oldest son projectile vomited the calamari, we thought he did not like it so we took dinner to go. But later that night all my family had stomach pains and coming out the other end. Kind of upsetting that I had to pay 80$ for my whole family to get sick!! Owner or manager, the next day, stated "all my calamari is fresh daily" so I guess we all got a stomach flu before we walked into this establishment?

Reviewed March 25, 2006

We are repeat customers and have never had a bad meal. You have to try the tiramisu! It is incredible. There is also a good wine selection. Love it!

1  Thank lisa h
A TripAdvisor Member
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed October 27, 2005

Our server was great - but management doesn't want repeat business. We were there with a semi-large party (14 people). They brought our appetizer of cheese-sticks. It was cold. We asked to have it replaced. 5 minutes later they returned with our still cold order and told us their cook would not replace our order. We also had our 2 year old daughter with us and asked when ordering if we could get her food out early. The server said it shouldn't be a problem. 20 minutes later we asked about status and server said they decided it would be too much trouble for them to get her food out separately. To top it off, they included a mandatory 18% gratuity. Had it not been a going away party/dinner for a friend, we would have left after the appetizer. The food itself was fair, but overpriced.