“Great find”

Golden Dragon
Ranked #862 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Description: Family owned and operated, Golden Dragon serves the finest Chinese cuisine in a pleasant, relaxed environment.
Sierra Vista , Arizona, United States
“Great find”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

While shopping in Tucson I had a craving for Chinese food. I googled places near me and golden dragon had good reviews. I was not disappointed. The meal was great and the service prompt an the price beyond decent. I paid 13 (not including tip) for egg rolls, soup and fried rice. I'm pretty predictable, so I usually order the same thing in any Chinese restaurant. I would recommend golden dragon. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is because the egg rolls, which were good, were missing something I couldn't put my finger on. That would not stop me from returning, however.

Albert H, Owner at Golden Dragon, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for giving us a try, Melissa! I'm really happy to know that you enjoyed your meal with us so much. We change around our recipes for eggrolls from time to time, so perhaps if you came back and gave us a try now, you'd find that missing something! Thanks for reviewing, and I hope we'll see you here soon.

Tucson, Arizona
“Amazing and Best Chinese Food !:)”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Their food was one of the most delicious out of all the restaurants i've ever had. Iv'e been going to this resturant for over 10 years and it has never changed. Same friendly and kind staff, best comfort food, I totally recommend you go go go!

• Visited October 2013
Albert H, Owner at Golden Dragon, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful compliments! Though it's been almost a year since you wrote this, I wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to share. It's such a pleasure to hear from a long-time customer. We're happy to serve you delicious Chinese comfort food anytime, so come pay us another visit soon!

Tucson, Arizona
“Best Chinese Food in Town!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you are looking for great authentic Chinese food this is the place! It took us many years to find the perfect Chinese food restaurant in Tucson, AZ, but we found it. We can proudly say we have been eating there for some 30 years! Food is consistently good, as is the service. Staff is friendly and usually remembers you visit to visit. Start your meal with fantastic “Crab Puffs,” or some “Hot & Sour Soup.” From there things get a little more difficult. Since all the entrees are so good, you may have to come back again and again to find your favorite. From the spicy to the sweet, it’s all there at your finger tips. Don’t forget the order ahead, take out service. Lunch and dinner hours. Be sure to check hours at the location you want to visit as they sometimes don’t serve lunch at all locations. Oracle/Orangegrove usually serves lunch. Swan/Sunrise does not always serve lunch. No outdoor seating. Traditional Chinese décor.

• Visited August 2013
Albert H, Owner at Golden Dragon, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you, Mary, for taking the time to share! Though I'm late to respond to your review, I wanted to let you know that we're so happy to be one of your neighborhood favorites. It's so great to hear from a long-time customer like yourself, and we're always so happy to see you and your family here. We're looking forward to your next visit!

Hayle, United Kingdom
“NIce staff, good food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very clean restaurant, tasty food and friendly service. We had twice cooked pork and pepper steak, good sized portions. Would have eaten here again if staying another night in the area.

• Visited April 2013
Albert H, Owner at Golden Dragon, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hi there, Tim. Thanks for your great compliments about our food and service! I'm really glad you stopped in during your time in Tucson last year. Though it's been a while since your visit, I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear from you, and I hope we'll have the privilege of hosting you again the next time you're in the area!

Somerset, New Jersey
“Do Not Hesitate!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Yes, the are many Asian restaurants to choose from in Tucson, and trust me, I have been to MANY, even after trying the Golden Dragon for the first time years ago. Well, the search is over for good now. The Golden Dragon, on Oracle has the freshest lunch fare and a wide variety of enticements on the dinner menu. Take out is timely and friendly, and dine in is a pleasant experience. The six entrees that my party ordered were all winners. Their prices are a little high, comparatively speaking, for Chinese food, but it doesn't feel bad to pay a bit extra for quality and service of this nature. ( there are coupons on their website too, note which menu the coupons are for). Oh, and the Walnut Shrimp, from the dinner menu ( which you may order from for lunch) is otherworldly! Their lettuce wraps, from the appetizer menu are unique and plentiful. ( ask for extra plum sauce)

• Visited April 2013

Been to Golden Dragon? Share your experiences!