“Mmmmm dessert”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food is very good and the atmosphere is wonderful for family or a nice romantic dinner. They have a wonderful and funky dessert which I've never seen before. It's like having a bunch of eclairs. I'm going back for Valentines day and can't wait.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Anyone who visits Tucson and does not stop at Trattoria Pina is missing a real treat. The restaurant is outstanding. The food and menu is unique and flavorful and filling. The decor and ambiance make you feel you are in another part of the world. Service is impeccable. I would recommend this restaurant highly.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Made a reservation at the last minute after being warned off Giacomo's. What a pleasant experience! The hostess and wait staff were young, smiling and professional without pretense. We were seated promptly with a nice view out the floor to ceiling windows.

My lasagna and my wife's veal were excellent, preceded by a nice little dinner salad. Our wine selection was a slight disappointment, but it was my error as they have Pio Cesare on the list and I passed it up. The large Italian fruit and dairy affair is more than enough for two...not my taste but my wife enjoyed it.

There is a warm, convivial atmosphere here, pretty amazing on a hectic night like New Year's. We were quite impressed by the staff and recommend paying Trattoria Piña a visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was one of our favorite restaurants when we lived in Tucson 12 years ago. This was our first visit back to Tucson since then. You never know if it will live up to the memories. I don't think the decor has changed in the last decade. Carpet, window blinds, seats, are worn and frayed around the edges. We were the youngest couple there by twenty years. Caprese salad was fine. Bread was good but not great. We started to worry when the bagged salad was presented prior to the entree. We began discussing how much our appreciation for fine food has changed - and we were on our way to a three star review. Then the entrees - Chicken Nonna and Chicken Santa Bruno - arrived and were excellent. Would easily return for the entrees.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Tratoria Pena is owned and managed by two wonderful restauranteurs/chef , Pina and Fidele.
The lunch menu offers a wonderful filet of salmon on a bed of fresh greens and a light dressing. The homemade focaccia bread is served with all meals. The dinner menu offers a wide selection of traditional Italian entrees but try the Shrimp Diavolo. The exemplary desserts are made by Pina's father and all warrant a try. Great waitstaff.
Do yourself a favor and try a Tucson owned and run restaurant, Tratoria Pina.

3  Thank Mel F