“Fun, packed and over priced”

Millie's West Pancake Haus
Ranked #458 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I like to eat here. It is a great place to meet up with friends for brunch. They fill your coffee cup often and do not rush you out. Just know that the line is long and the prices are steep. Even though it is a pancake house, I prefer the egg breakfasts or crapes to the pancakes. I am not a fan of the potato pancakes.

1  Thank swsteph

Reviewed July 24, 2008

We've tried other places for breakfast, but we keep coming back to Millie's because of the huge number of choices on the menu and the excellent food. You can get the usual breakfast fare of omelets, French toast (thick or thin), and various pancakes, but where else can you get a skillet-sized German pancake? Or a Belgian waffle with ice cream and hot fudge? How about the potato pancakes? The crepes? The list goes on and on. No matter how picky anyone in your party is, he or she will find something to love at Millie's. It's a very homey place with staff who have been there for ages, and customers who have been coming to Millie's since it opened. They are kid-friendly, too, with lots of options for the little ones. It can get very busy on Sundays, especially when the snowbirds are here in the winter, so go early!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 21, 2008

best breakfast place in town!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 30, 2007

I noticed we were one of the youngest customers in a crowd of octogenarians and I'm in my early 40's. This may explain the previous review of this restaurant. When you see so many seniors at a restaurant you know it is a good value and you expect lots of complaints. We noticed this while we were eating. In the sea of indigestion and complaints was a crowd of regulars who just could stop coming in.

God bless the workers here and they have the patience of saints. With that said, it is the food that makes up for the customers needs to complain. They have every type of pancake waffle and french toast imaginable. It looks like everything is made fresh at the restaurant including the syrup. I enjoyed my eggs Benedict. I noticed the eggs were done in a machine poacher instead of cracking the eggs in boiling water. I was OK with that when I noticed the eggs were done perfectly for the dish. The potatoes were good and made fresh from real whole potatoes smashed on the grill. The coffee was very good. We enjoyed the "show" of the interesting customers.

The food was inexpensive and we enjoyed eating here. The nonsmoking environment was a special treat. Not being a chain restaurant made this an even better experience. We will be back.

Just a word of note, if your food is not good when it comes out or it is cold, deal with it immediately and don't wait till you are paying at the cashier. They may be inconsistent or they may have a bad morning. They had a great day when we went.

1  Thank Stompper
Reviewed April 2, 2005

One of the worst meals we've ever had. The food arrived cold. Instead of starting over, they put our food on the grill to reheat it, including the pancake I had bitten into. One order still came back cold. No adjustment to the bill. As I stood in line to pay, the elderly woman behind me, who seemed like a regular, was tellling the cashier that her pancakes had lumps of unmixed flour in them. The response she got was "Oh,really", with no expression of concern. The experience, or was it the indigestion, lasted for hours. With so much good food in Tucson, this experience really stood out in the worst way.

8  Thank djsarver