“A thoroughly German breakfast and lunch place”

Millie's West Pancake Haus
Ranked #404 of 2,014 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I love Millie's. The atmosphere is great and the menu has a good variety. My husband swears they have the best eggs benedict in town. My favorite is two french toast sandwiches with cream cheese and apricot sause in the middle. I eat one and take one home. I like the cold one as much as I like the hot one in the restaurant. And, yes, I do use syrup on them. Mmmmmm

There are newer reviews for Millie's West Pancake Haus

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We picked Millie's for a substantial Sunday brunch before heading downtown to a matinee at the opera. First, there is a line. But it moved pretty quickly. We crowded five into a booth rather than wait for a table. Second, you'll be sitting with every type of customer imaginable: seniors, families, and even what appeared to be a boys' soccer team. With one exception (biscuits and gravy) everything we were served was exceptionally tasty. Even the potatoes (usually an afterthought) with the platonic eggs benedict would have been worth ordering on their own. If you want a breakfast you will remember for a while, head to Millie's.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Service was great and food was delicious !

We had the banana pancakes and blueberry pancakes and they were both delicous.

Reviewed October 29, 2009

I like to eat here. It is a great place to meet up with friends for brunch. They fill your coffee cup often and do not rush you out. Just know that the line is long and the prices are steep. Even though it is a pancake house, I prefer the egg breakfasts or crapes to the pancakes. I am not a fan of the potato pancakes.

1  Thank swsteph
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We've tried other places for breakfast, but we keep coming back to Millie's because of the huge number of choices on the menu and the excellent food. You can get the usual breakfast fare of omelets, French toast (thick or thin), and various pancakes, but where else can you get a skillet-sized German pancake? Or a Belgian waffle with ice cream and hot fudge? How about the potato pancakes? The crepes? The list goes on and on. No matter how picky anyone in your party is, he or she will find something to love at Millie's. It's a very homey place with staff who have been there for ages, and customers who have been coming to Millie's since it opened. They are kid-friendly, too, with lots of options for the little ones. It can get very busy on Sundays, especially when the snowbirds are here in the winter, so go early!