“Great food, themed tables” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #305 of 1,827 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great food, themed tables”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place based on other reviews. I probably wouldn't have stopped here otherwise as it is in a non-descript little strip mall. But I'm glad we did. We both tried a spicy dish, one with chicken (pad prig sod), the other with pork (pad gra prao). Spicy means spicy, for which I was thankful! They were delicious and $8.50 each. The decor was humorous. There were two large, fairly ugly paintings of canyons on the walls that had been painted over with dragons and Thai warriors. Each table had a theme too, like the Lady Di table, the Hollywood table, and the Nanking, China table. The service was good. I recommend this place, based on only 2 dishes. I'd like to go back for more.

Tucson, Arizona
“They will make it Thai spicy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Lots of vegetarian options. Many Thai places dumb down their spiciness, but Char's believes you when you request "Thai Spicy" The decor is dismal and the place doesn't appear all that clean. We were there when the restaurant opened for dinner and our cloth was soiled. The couple of times that I have been there, every table was taken. As a result, service is not all that responsive. Still good food and good prices

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent lunch specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The nine lunch specials are consistently excellent: good value, tasty, with friendly service and kitchy decor (you have to see the tables and the wall to believe this place). I haven't been there at dinnertime. Especially compared to an overpriced Thai restaurant like Bangkok Cafe, this place is a find!

Visited February 2013
Hiawassee, Georgia
“Better Thai restaurants in Tucson.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this place for ten years on trips to Tucson. I've noticed that in the last few years the quality of the food has declined by a significant degree. Last evening will be my last visit. The noodles in my dish were not completely cooked. There were not any bean sprouts or lime wedges on the plate. Thin carrot strips were substituted-really! The curry dish was salty and had only a couple of thin slices of bell pepper.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Hits the spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I ate here for the first time tonight. The service was fast and effecient...although, I was alone and only ordered a main dish. I ordered their "lad na" with shrimp. They didn't skimp on the shrimp...yay for me!...but I thought the dish could have used more broccoli and noodles. The gravy was a bit saltier than I expected. Don't get me wrong, I love my salt, but it was just not expected. As with most Asian cusines, I compare them to my mother's amazing cooking. This dish was good, but not out of this world. The sauce, although salty, was flavorful and hot. Sometimes, these sorts of dishes cool off quickly....the lad na here stayed hot through my entire meal. I would try this place one or two more times still. Being tired and on business, this suited my needs for a hot fast meal.

• Visited January 2013