“They will make it Thai spicy!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #446 of 1,958 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Tucson, Arizona
“They will make it Thai spicy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Lots of vegetarian options. Many Thai places dumb down their spiciness, but Char's believes you when you request "Thai Spicy" The decor is dismal and the place doesn't appear all that clean. We were there when the restaurant opened for dinner and our cloth was soiled. The couple of times that I have been there, every table was taken. As a result, service is not all that responsive. Still good food and good prices

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The nine lunch specials are consistently excellent: good value, tasty, with friendly service and kitchy decor (you have to see the tables and the wall to believe this place). I haven't been there at dinnertime. Especially compared to an overpriced Thai restaurant like Bangkok Cafe, this place is a find!

Visited February 2013
Hiawassee, Georgia
“Better Thai restaurants in Tucson.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this place for ten years on trips to Tucson. I've noticed that in the last few years the quality of the food has declined by a significant degree. Last evening will be my last visit. The noodles in my dish were not completely cooked. There were not any bean sprouts or lime wedges on the plate. Thin carrot strips were substituted-really! The curry dish was salty and had only a couple of thin slices of bell pepper.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Hits the spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I ate here for the first time tonight. The service was fast and effecient...although, I was alone and only ordered a main dish. I ordered their "lad na" with shrimp. They didn't skimp on the shrimp...yay for me!...but I thought the dish could have used more broccoli and noodles. The gravy was a bit saltier than I expected. Don't get me wrong, I love my salt, but it was just not expected. As with most Asian cusines, I compare them to my mother's amazing cooking. This dish was good, but not out of this world. The sauce, although salty, was flavorful and hot. Sometimes, these sorts of dishes cool off quickly....the lad na here stayed hot through my entire meal. I would try this place one or two more times still. Being tired and on business, this suited my needs for a hot fast meal.

• Visited January 2013
Tucson
“Long time customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm pretty sure I've been going to Char's for over 20 years. Char's was the first Thai resaturant I had ever been in. I was timid at first, but over the course of many visits I think I have had about everything on their menu. Everything I tried was a new experiance. I had never had mango until I tried mango with sweet rice for desert. I had never had a Chinese sausage untill I trid a salad with Chinese sausage as an ingrediant. Thai ice tea, wonderful!! Thai grilled chicken, my daughter won/t order anything else. All in all a great experiance over these 20 some years.

• Visited November 2012