“great atmosphere and good food”

Arizona Inn Audubon Bar
Ranked #136 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

A friend and I went to lunch here Saturday to celebrate Christmas. I had been here maybe 4 or so years ago, and I thought the food was just as good now as it was then. It was a bit too cold to sit on the patio, but indoors is just as nice. I had the seared salmon salad which was really good along with a glass of extremely overpriced Borgo Pinot Grigio. My friend had the shrimp and avacado salad which she said was good along with a glass of Clean Slate Reisling, which she said was excellent. I really wanted to try the Creme Brulee for dessert, but honestly, the salad was so huge that I did not have any room for dessert. Maybe next time....... Overall, it is a very nice place for a special celebration since it is expensive. Strolling through the gardens and the lobby is enjoyable as well. The grounds are meticulously maintained. The library is very relaxing and it was decoracted beautifully for Christmas. I recommend the Arizona Inn if you want an enjoyable dining experience for a special occassion.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is still one of the most enchanting enviroments in Tucson! Right from
the very cordial welcome at the hotel entrance-- throughout the walk in a warm and
historical presentation. Bar is classic! Patio one of our all-time favourites!
We can't not order the spring rolls with a variety of sauces---a grilled turkey
breast club--fresh and great flavours----AND---BLT Sliders---best slider
combo ever!
Great rose' selection and martinis were outstanding! We finished the evening
inside with Bill, and His baby grande piano--very entertaining.
You can't miss with the Arizona Inn, that's why it is always on our F&B
itinerary for Tucson.

1  Thank alan a
Reviewed November 27, 2013

History, class, style and a hospitality venue that qualifies as a national historic site all are huge draw cards for the Arizona Inn. Long before arriving in Tucson we had decided to find a time to visit and tour this prized 14 acres of Tucson. That would've been enough but we had lunch in the Audubon Bar to make it more memorable for us. What an amazing continuation of excellence in service and food. Then I had to try the creme brulee. I don't usually eat desserts but my search for creme brulee done properly led me to order a portion and share it around the table. Perfect! For those of you who are creme brulee aficianados then you'll know you can get lots of creme brulee but not always properly done....rich, firm creamy texture with evenly burnt crust! Audubon Bar presented the perfect creme brulee. Try it and expect to get it right. Can't wait to return to this magical venue.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Enjoyed lunch on the covered patio on this Sunday early afternoon. There was a brunch, but the patio was open seating and we could choose the brunch buffet or order off the menu. We choose the menu option.
The garden and lawn view is lovely. Table settings, comfortable chairs and efficient, friendly service added to the delightful experience. I had the BLT trio appetizer for my meal and my husband enjoyed the Hanger steak entree.
After lunch, we took a little time to stroll the grounds and to check out the gift shop and the main lobby. On the walls are some photos of prior guests from years gone by-Gary Cooper, Eleanor and Delano Roosevelt to name a few. And the restrooms? beautifully appointed.
This Inn would be a lovely place for a vacation or even an overnight stay. And, the secluded location in the middle of Tucson is a plus.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We went with another couple to celebrate my birthday. The ambiance is wonderful, service attentive, & food top knotch! The wine pairing 5 course meal was delicious, & perfect to allow for socializing. If you're looking for a memorable experience you will want to consider this hidden gem in the middle of the city!