“Food very good ambiance NOT France”

Ghini's French Caffe
Ranked #112 of 1,977 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ghini's is a restaurant fueled by love and passion, which is evident with every morsel that hits your lips. A quaint little cafe that serves Breakfast, Lunch and Tapas, also has a full service and amazing French Bakery attached. Ghini's has always been dog friendly since its inception in 1992, as it is done in France. Ghini's has a very diverse menu and can accommodate every culinary whimsy. A boutique wine list, all imported, is the icing on the cake! Ghini's has won many culinary awards of excellence and has been written up in papers, locally, nationwide, world wide, winning gold awards for best Breakfast, best Cafe, best Bistro, & best French. You won't regret your stop to this beautiful little cafe. I have owned and operated my fabulous little French cafe since 1992. We make every item from scratch, purchase locally and support our local economy. I love my work, my staff and my clients.
“Food very good ambiance NOT France”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ghini's food was served in a timely fashion. The quality was good and the prices were reasonable. The service was friendly but no one told us to pay
at the cashier. When we did go to the cashier, we were asked,"How did you
KIDS enjoy brunch?" NOT a good term when speaking to senior citizens.
The restaurant looked shabby rather than quaint. Do not expect to return.
A coat of fresh paint might do wonders.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TONYNJANE
chefghini, Owner at Ghini's French Caffe, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our cafe. Im glad you enjoyed your food and the quality that we take great pride in. I am sorry that you were offended by being called kids, no disrespect whatsoever was meant. We have very long and stressful days, making light throughout the day seems to relieve some of the stress, Im sorry you didn't appreciate it.
We are pretty awesome, serve great quality, fresh, made from scratch food every single day. I hope you reconsider and give us another chance and I will save a paint brush for you ;-)

Tucson, AZ
“Gotta Get to Ghini’s!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This restaurant is now one of our absolute favorites! Upon sampling their items at the Tucson Culinary Festival, I found myself circling back for more treats time and again as the afternoon turned into evening. A seasonal offering available at the time was Lavender Lemonade, to which I took a great liking ... Nectar of the gods, it is! Also on their table were coupons for the restaurant, so I took one. We’d not been there before, but had heard great things about their breakfast offerings. Our first meal at Ghini’s was breakfast and after a few bites, we completely understood why they’d won awards for “Best Breakfast in Tucson” several years running. Wow! Eggs perfectly done to order, and everything on our plates was absolutely delicious and they were busy the entire time we were there. Our server for our first breakfast was “Dee,” And she did an outstanding job. She was attentive, caring, unobtrusive and at no time did we feel rushed in any way, nor did we see any of the waiters and waitresses rushing anyone else either. The entire atmosphere was relaxed, with a ‘quiet energy,’ if you will, that we found most refreshing. Our next two visits were at dinnertime, two Fridays apart. Once again, we had the delightful “Dee” as our server. (Dinner is served only on Fridays from 3:00p.m. to 9:00 p.m.) and it makes Friday night worth waiting for, especially since there’s entertainment to be had from wonderful local talent: Kathi Hutaluhta and Five Horses, Four Winds. The cocktail list changes now and then to keep things interesting and on our latest visit, I had an Atomic Fireball. This tasty libation was Jack Daniels, lemon-lime soda and a real candy fireball sitting on the bottom of the glass adding color and it’s bright “cinnamon-y” (if that isn’t a word, it is now) flavor as the candy melted into the drink. Sound weird? It’s delicious; try it if it’s available next time.
An email we received lured us to Ghini’s that night trumpeting: “Garlic-Studded Clams…”with a description that had us drooling onto our keyboard as we read about it. We started with the Parmesan Basil Bread Chips. I ordered the Croque Monsieur, and my husband, the Garlic-Studded Clams. Its fragrance preceded it to our table. But, when Dee placed it in front of my hubby, uh-oh. Onions. The dish had onions in it. Lots of them. Mike’s allergic to them and began to pick around them to get at the clams. Dee saw what was happening when she returned to ask if he liked the dish. “Yes,” he stated truthfully, but she immediately discerned something was amiss. My hubby told Dee: “The fault is mine, in that the taste is outstanding,” but I can’t have onions and will just pick the clams and pasta out of them. “No,” Dee stated. “That’s not good, and not right to make you work at picking out something that you’re allergic to.” What else might I bring you?” Mike chose another dish, and it was brought out immediately. When she came to clear our plates, she also brought out a Styrofoam box in which to bring home the garlic-studded clams with onions. The bill came, and we were not charged for the clams. So even though we didn’t think to ask if there were onions in that particular dish, there was no charge for it, a different dish was brought to Mike, and all with a cheerful demeanor on Dee’s part. We were told that the onion-included clams would be thrown out if they didn’t go home with us…so why waste food? Since, a box was provided for us we took them home and I ate them for lunch the next day!
On our third visit, a jovial waiter named “John” took great care of us. Every time we’ve visited, the service has been unhurried, courteous, professional and friendly. The food? Out of this world. You can taste the love and attention given to each dish with every bite. Did I mention that there’s also an outdoor patio on which to dine? And if you’d like to bring your pooch with, they’re welcome too! If you’ve not been to Ghini’s yet, stop on by. Have a nibble, a drink, relax and just enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
chefghini, Owner at Ghini's French Caffe, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to write this amazing review about us. You are a doll and I appreciate every lovely word. Im so glad you enjoy what we do, we love what we do and Im glad it shows. Our lavender lemonade is back for the season for you to enjoy and soon we will be changing our menus so if you have any suggestions of items you'd like to see don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you again for your kind review, I look forward to seeing you again very soon xo.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“GET my french off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

very ordinary and nothing really special at all... eggs toast and a watered down late...the breakfast resembled nothing french...a strip mall cafe just doesn't ring a french bell in my mind.the best part of the meal was the conversation of the people that I met there.. .sorry been there done that......

• Visited February 2013
chefghini, Owner at Ghini's French Caffe, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am sorry you didn't find us extraordinary, as we have so many amazing menu items far beyond scrambled eggs and toast. Our espresso drinks are amazing as well, perhaps try one of our other fabulous European concoctions that aren't so tall and milk heavy, they don't serve latte's in France but instead serve cafe au lait's when looking for a great drink to dunk delicious pastry into.

Im not sure when your last trip to France was, but cafe's are always found in strip malls, its just that the French ones are more cute and many years older than our American ones.

If you decide to make another Ghini's stop and need assistance with our amazing and heavily awarded menu, please ask our staff or choose one of our many signature dishes indicated by the flower on our menus. Happy Eating!

Tucson, Arizona
“A corner of Europe in Tucson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I often go on Fridays at Ghini's with my 3 year-old daughter. We love it there! It really seems to be in France. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very friendly. There is also a bakery next to it where you can buy baguettes and wonderful French pastry,
I really recommend Ghini's!

colorado
“Quick Comfortable Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went there twice on our trip to Tucson. It was very comfortable, broad menu, wonderful bakery attached, really good food at affordable prices, highly recommend for breakfast or lunch. Wish it was in our town, we would be regulars.