“GET my french off”

Ghini's French Caffe
Ranked #189 of 2,031 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ghini's is a restaurant fueled by love and passion, which is evident with every morsel that hits your lips. A quaint little cafe that serves Breakfast, Lunch and Tapas, also has a full service and amazing French Bakery attached. Ghini's has always been dog friendly since its inception in 1992, as it is done in France. Ghini's has a very diverse menu and can accommodate every culinary whimsy. A boutique wine list, all imported, is the icing on the cake! Ghini's has won many culinary awards of excellence and has been written up in papers, locally, nationwide, world wide, winning gold awards for best Breakfast, best Cafe, best Bistro, & best French. You won't regret your stop to this beautiful little cafe. I have owned and operated my fabulous little French cafe since 1992. We make every item from scratch, purchase locally and support our local economy. I love my work, my staff and my clients.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

very ordinary and nothing really special at all... eggs toast and a watered down late...the breakfast resembled nothing french...a strip mall cafe just doesn't ring a french bell in my mind.the best part of the meal was the conversation of the people that I met there.. .sorry been there done that......

chefghini, Owner at Ghini's French Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am sorry you didn't find us extraordinary, as we have so many amazing menu items far beyond scrambled eggs and toast. Our espresso drinks are amazing as well, perhaps try one of our other fabulous European concoctions that aren't so tall and milk heavy, they don't serve latte's in France but instead serve cafe au lait's when looking for a great drink to dunk delicious pastry into.

Im not sure when your last trip to France was, but cafe's are always found in strip malls, its just that the French ones are more cute and many years older than our American ones.

If you decide to make another Ghini's stop and need assistance with our amazing and heavily awarded menu, please ask our staff or choose one of our many signature dishes indicated by the flower on our menus. Happy Eating!

Chef Ghini

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I often go on Fridays at Ghini's with my 3 year-old daughter. We love it there! It really seems to be in France. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very friendly. There is also a bakery next to it where you can buy baguettes and wonderful French pastry,
I really recommend Ghini's!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went there twice on our trip to Tucson. It was very comfortable, broad menu, wonderful bakery attached, really good food at affordable prices, highly recommend for breakfast or lunch. Wish it was in our town, we would be regulars.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great sandwiches and casual atmosphere . Often very busy. I love the bakery which is attached to Ghini's. You can purchase freshly baked French and other breads. Nice pastries as well. Patio out front with about 10-12 tables.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I’ve stopped here twice in the last month, figure about time to write up my thoughts.

One visit was for lunch and opted to order a couple dishes I had never tried before, Onion Soup and the Croque Madame. The soup was enjoyable, if not entirely my thing. The Croque Madame (ordered as I do love eggs on almost everything) was thoroughly enjoyable and will likely be my meal of choice next time I find myself in the neighborhood around lunch.

The other visit was for breakfast, and I opted for their signature dish, Eggs Provencale.

They have the recipe posted on their website, and I tried to my hand at cooking them for my wife one night, quite happy with the end result. And thus I was quite shocked at the gap between my attempt and Ghini’s version. It was truly staggeringly good. Even the bread, which I thought would be a nice side, was bite after bite of joy.

It was a long, 45 minute drive home after breakfast, lots of traffic, and I hit pretty much every red on the way and it didn’t bother me one iota… I was still floating on some happy garlicky egg and bread cloud.

Ghini’s is a little far away from my part of town to dine at regularly, but suffice it to say, when in the neighborhood you won’t have to twist my arm to get me to head on over for a meal!