“Formidable!”

Ghini's French Caffe
Ranked #111 of 1,986 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ghini's is a restaurant fueled by love and passion, which is evident with every morsel that hits your lips. A quaint little cafe that serves Breakfast, Lunch and Tapas, also has a full service and amazing French Bakery attached. Ghini's has always been dog friendly since its inception in 1992, as it is done in France. Ghini's has a very diverse menu and can accommodate every culinary whimsy. A boutique wine list, all imported, is the icing on the cake! Ghini's has won many culinary awards of excellence and has been written up in papers, locally, nationwide, world wide, winning gold awards for best Breakfast, best Cafe, best Bistro, & best French. You won't regret your stop to this beautiful little cafe. I have owned and operated my fabulous little French cafe since 1992. We make every item from scratch, purchase locally and support our local economy. I love my work, my staff and my clients.
Asuncion, Paraguay
“Formidable!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I’ve stopped here twice in the last month, figure about time to write up my thoughts.

One visit was for lunch and opted to order a couple dishes I had never tried before, Onion Soup and the Croque Madame. The soup was enjoyable, if not entirely my thing. The Croque Madame (ordered as I do love eggs on almost everything) was thoroughly enjoyable and will likely be my meal of choice next time I find myself in the neighborhood around lunch.

The other visit was for breakfast, and I opted for their signature dish, Eggs Provencale.

They have the recipe posted on their website, and I tried to my hand at cooking them for my wife one night, quite happy with the end result. And thus I was quite shocked at the gap between my attempt and Ghini’s version. It was truly staggeringly good. Even the bread, which I thought would be a nice side, was bite after bite of joy.

It was a long, 45 minute drive home after breakfast, lots of traffic, and I hit pretty much every red on the way and it didn’t bother me one iota… I was still floating on some happy garlicky egg and bread cloud.

Ghini’s is a little far away from my part of town to dine at regularly, but suffice it to say, when in the neighborhood you won’t have to twist my arm to get me to head on over for a meal!

• Visited February 2013

Glendale, California
“Scrumptuous!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Ghini's twice while we were visiting Tucson. The first time we bought some macaroons and pastries from the bakery. They were utterly delicious. The next morning we met our daughter and her friend for breakfast. We ordered the Provencal Special eggs with hash browns. Our dishes were exceptionally good. Our daughter's friend ordered crepes with ham and cheese. She loved her crepes and plans to take her parents to Ghini's when they visit. Our daughter's friend's father Bruno was born in France and her family is pretty picky about French food. So it really says something when she loves a French bakery and restaurant and thinks her father will love it, too.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Elarbolita
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Caffe”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The atmosphere is awesome , the food is divine. The staff is very friendly, I go there at least four times a month

Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Get your French on!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love croissants and since I can't pop round to Fauchon or La Duree in Paris, this ought to do! I was hit on by a waitress in a creepy way but other than that, I enjoy the pastries and omelettes entirely too much for my own good!

Denver, Colorado
“Best French Toast in the World!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

A beautiful bakery cafe with wonderful coffee, bakery items or full breakfast. It's a place to linger with your morning newspaper.

Visited January 2013