“Love It!!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kolb
Transit: Public transportation is available in front of plaza.
England, United Kingdom
“Love It!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been there many times and always have a great time. Good food and great staff make it the place to relax.

Boonton, New Jersey
“Great find!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were visiting Tucson from NJ and went to the Dakota with some friends who live there and recommended the restaurant. They were right! The food was excellent, as was the service. We were seated at first at a table that was way too tight for the four of us and were immediately and happily moved to a much bigger table. My husband and I usually share meals at restaurants because the portions are usually way too big, so we did the same here. Most of the time, we are given the plate with the meal and an extra plate for sharing. At Dakota, they split our orders into two plates, which was really nice. We had ordered what we thought would be a small plate of ahi tuna salad plus a burger as our entree. The ahi tuna was enough for a meal, even split! And they even cut the burger in half, which was unexpectedly wonderful...that is, both the splitting of the food and the food itself. It was a really yummy burger, and the ahi tuna and salad were delish! The dressing on the salad combined wasabi and ginger and was perfect, along with being unusual. We would definitely come back when we're in Tucson again.

• Visited March 2013
Tucson
“Always a great choice”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is one of my go to places in Tucson, the service, food, and atmosphere are consistently good. This was my Birthday dinner and my 2 daughters and I have dined here before, I usually get the Cobb Salad a healthy amount and quite tasty with their Poppy Seed dressing. My one daughter has the White Chicken Enchiladas and very good and a nice portion as well, my second daughter chose the Penne Pasta and was very satisfied. The service was welcoming and warm. We had requested a window seat and it just happened to be snowing (once every 10 years in Tucson) the night we went. So we had a fabulous time celebrating and watching the snow fall. For a Birthday they bring a comp. slice of Key Lime Pie, very good and three forks to share.
Always a great choice and afterwards stroll around Trail Dust Town and take in a bit of our western history.

Berkeley, California, United States
“Grilled to perfection”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On a recent weekend in Tucson we tried restaurants that were similar to ones we enjoy in the SF bay area. The Dakota is situated in a faux western old town. We liked the food, particularly the roasted vegetables. We were able to make substitutions off the menu, which I really liked. It was too cold to eat outside and it was noisy inside. The Saturday night musician added atmosphere that was pleasant. The waiter forgot us at least once. I would go back here again.

Silver City, New Mexico
“2nd visit - won't return”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The 1st visit to Dakota Cafe towards the end of the summer was enjoyable and the food was good. The wait staff was helpful and very good. We decided to meet a friend there for dinner and were very disappointed in the service and the food. The food was mediocre at best and didn't see to have the same thought and attention as on our first visit. The service was almost non-existent. The floor manager seemed more interested in reading the paper than taking care of customers. The wait staff didn't seem to really want to be there. Not sure what happened between the 1st visit and this one, but with the number of good restaurants in Tucson we won't be returning here.

Visited December 2012