“coffee and free bread samples” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beyond Bread

Beyond Bread
Ranked #6 of 1,912 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Opened in 1998, Beyond Bread is a local bakery & cafe in Tucson, known for our fresh bread, huge sandwiches & pastries. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Tucson, Arizona
“coffee and free bread samples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

What more could you want? Coffee and teas, fresh soups, sandwiches and salads. Let's not forget the desserts. I like the idea of the bread and butter being placed in the waiting line while you look at the menu you can sample their breads. You can also munch on them while you wait for your meal. They are large portions and some times we share. Choose from sourdough, whole grains or buy a loaf of specialty bread or rolls to take home.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CountryHarvestUSA

Tucson, Arizona
“I can't knock success...but,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Beyond Bread hasn't had a slow day since they opened some years ago. I have gone three times and always wonder, "why are they so busy?" I don't think the sandwiches are any better than 'Baggins' or Subway, but the rest of the community obviously sees it differently.

New York City, New York
“Fresh sandwiches but the bread of the day was pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a nice fresh sandwich and ordered the bread of the day to go. Unfortunately it was a very small loaf for around 5 bucks. Nit much atmosphere

Visited May 2013
“Quick stop to grab a bite to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped in for the first time for breakfast! I had the Morgans Merger w/ out cheese....it was great and huge! I could only finish 1/2 of the sandwich. My kids had the BCT Omelet and French Toast...the omelet were quite cheesy/greasy...but french toast was great! They love the little bottles of USA made apple juice :) Overall great prices, place was bright/clean and we would stop back :) Next time I want to get some bread to go.....

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over priced for what they offer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I used to eat there regularly but in 2005 things changed. The bread is so tough it made my gums bleed. My sister and I tried again and the people behind the cuonter were more interested in talking to each other but did finally take our order. Once again the bread was so tough we had to pull it apart with our hands.

Been to Beyond Bread? Share your experiences!