“Great pitas”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Montana
“Great pitas”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The pitas a great - good size, flavorful and quickly served. The restaurant is on a corner and when it is not too hot and not too cold they open the windows. A good place to dine and people watch.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ITravelMontana

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Location - Food So So and Issues with Credit Cards”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I went to this restaurant with a friend on a Saturday for lunch. I ordered "lemon soup" which I assumed was going to be Avgolemeno. What came was a flavorless chicken and rice soup of which I took one sip, I even asked for some lemon wedges to try and flavor the soup but it didn't help. I told the waitress she could take it away and she never even asked what the problem was or offer to refund the price. Additionally we shared an order of Greek Fries (ok nothing great) and we each got a greek salad with gyro meat. I asked for more salad dressing for the salad and when the waitress asked the chef for more dressing he said what for? Loud enough for me to hear and I was sitting by the window furthest from the kitchen. When it came to paying the bill, I was asked if I was going to pay cash or credit card before they ran the tab. I had heard the question asked of the table next to me and when the man said credit card the waitress asked if she could add 20% tip. I could see he and his wife didn't appreciate this type of forwardness, nor would I so I paid cash. I calculate my own tip thank you.

• Visited March 2014
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Good food in a great location”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Right across from the main gate of U of A, Pelio has a great location. I enjoyed the avgolemono soup with the classic fresh lemon taste. My spanakopita dish was large and tasty, once again a fesh flavor of spinach and cheese. The wines are all Greek but my server was able to tell me which one was most familiar/accessible to Americans. The food was good value for the price.

Visited March 2014
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I enjoy authentic ethnic food. I really like the Greek food here. Everything my friends and I have tried has been very much to our liking. There is a lemony soup that is out of this world! Savory and delicious! Sitting at a table and watching the foot traffic at the Main Gate of the University of Arizona makes the experience even better. If you like people watching and great cooked while you wait Greek cuisine, this is the place you can't afford to miss!

• Visited December 2013