“Texas Gals Approve-Delish!”

Ranked #43 of 2,224 Restaurants in Tucson
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Locals referred us to this place and they were spot on.

First up, excellent margaritas! The salsa is handmade table side and it is delicious and made to order.

I had the Chile Verde and highly recommend it. Hands down, best Mexican I have ever had anywhere to include our home state of Texas and Mexico as well.

The service was exceptional and worth a visit.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (566)

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

This place has what a neighbor calls Norwegian Mexican food. That is, not overly spicy with lots of choices. I think that is true of many of the Tucson area restaurants that purport to be Mexican. But it is not true here. The neighbor is just plain wrong!

The queso fundido appetizer is outstanding, on a par with the best I’ve ever had. My carne asada was also excellent. It was flavorful with complex spices. Too much southwestern food concentrates on heat only, but not here. It concentrates on flavors.

Service was attentive and helpful. The decor is a bit kitschy, but that is fine. So a rare, for me, excellent overall and highly recommended.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

We went early and we’re lucky to get a seat for two busy
A lady made salsa at the table
salsa excellent lady was friendly made medium spice self was very good
Are waiter was busy so wouldn’t find as attentive would like
Mexican large meals very good
I had shrimp fajitas very nice
My husband had a Mexican meal excellent
Good Mexican food

Reviewed December 29, 2019

This holiday we were there with two different groups. We all had good meals and excellent service. You can have guacamole that is made at your table and the fresh salsa is one of the best.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 24, 2019

We used their web page to plan an evening dinner with family. We ordered, the service (Dashdoor Food Delivery) that Guadalajara Grill promotes responded that our order was accepted. Then 15 minutes before expected delivery we received an email saying the order was cancelled. No recourse. I'm really disappointed that Guadalajara Grill advertises a service on its web page that it won't really support and leaves customers hanging.

Date of visit: December 2019