“ignore bad reviews all wrong” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Simi Valley, California
“ignore bad reviews all wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

After reading some of the negative reviews I was a littlte nervous eathing at Sushi Hama but I was pleasantly surprised. From the moment we were seated we had all the attention we wanted. Upon seating we were given soup, salad and edamame. We ordered iced tea which was always kept full. We had veggie tempura dinner. The dip was outstanding and the assortment of veggies included asparagus and green pepper along with other usual varieties. All outstanding. We ordered a Banzai roll some nigiri hamachi. It came on a boat and looked as good as it tasted. We had a restaurant.com voucher and wanted to fulfill our $35 requirement so I had a spicy tuna handroll and wife had green tea ice-cream. The only disappointment was the ice-cream. It had an off taste. They added in an 18% tip when I got the bill. Total including tip after using voucher was approx $23 for a $48 bill. Would go there again with voucher otherwise a little too ex;pensive.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank jesse1128

Tucson, Arizona
“I'll not go there again by choice!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

The service and quality have been steadily degrading in recent year or so, not that it had been great to begin with when I first visited 4 years ago. We visit pretty frequently, for one my wife loves sushi, for another there are not many choices around, 3 reasonably close. The staff in general is cold and if that is their style, fine, we could live with it. But some can be plain rude. I'll never go there again by choice after today's treatment.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Flagstaff, AZ
“Great food, OFFENSIVE service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

My friend (a Sushi Hama regular) took me here, and I had high expectations. We sat at the sushi bar and ordered the all-you-can-eat sushi. It says you can order 5 rolls at a time, which we each did (she ordered the sashimi, I ordered the ROLLS). After a full hour, she was done with the sashimi but I had only received 2 of my rolls. The restaurant was about 15% full, so I asked the sushi chef for the rest of my food. He nodded, then proceeded to talk to the other chef (neither were rolling sushi!) for another 10 mins. We flagged down the waiter (hadn't seen him since we sat down), and asked him for the last 3 rolls. They FINALLY came, and we were told that the chef was waiting to make sure I finished the first two before he would make any more. I have never been monitored by the chef before he deigned to prepare my order before, anywhere! Would this have happened to a guy?? Someone larger?? I understand the concept of no leftovers for all you can eat, but after an hour of drinking liquid and rice expanding in my stomach, I was much less able to eat it all than I would have been if it had just come when I ordered it. Plus, I much prefer to eat different bites at different times (not all of one roll at once). The sushi was great, but I thought the service was completely out of line and extremely offensive. Make your own call.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FlagGal
South Dakota
“Never misses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

I have eaten at Sushi Hama countless times over the past several years for lunches and dinners and have never had anything but a great meal. Those joining us who do not like sushi or sashimi have always enjoyed their selections from the rest of the menu.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ReptileGardensGuy
Tucson, AZ
“The Worst Sushi in Tucson”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

6/28/08 For the last 6 months (out of 6 years)that I have eaten at Sushi Hama,my partner and I have had GI problems. At first we thought it was a GI reflex, but considering the hours involved with the type of GI upset, this may be due to E. Coli or etc. problems. I observed that a Sushi maker does not use gloves to serve food. Waitresses remove dishes as well as serve dishes without hand cleaning, sushi maker will take back fish that the customer has used and place it back in the dish for sushi preparation. Rice pots are set on the kitchen floor and then brought to the sushi bar. The fish may not be the identified fish especially the yellowtail. Spicy Tuna may not be actual tuna. Sushi sometimes has funny taste. Food quality very poor. Think about it before you indulge. You may become ill or you may be cheated. Overall quality very poor with new owner. PH Dept has been notified. In addition to the above remarks, the owner has the manager and waitresses charge the customer additional money to the tune of $60.00 or more for the leaving approximately 1/2 to 1 cup of rice. The manager had to be threatened with Police activity before he would take my credit card for the correct amount of money for ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI and a small beer. I seriously think the more people know this, customers will be hesitant to eat there. In my sincere opinion there are definitely food health and cost problems in this restaurant. Hopefully, the owner, Mr.Raphael(?) may do himself in because of the poor quality of his restaurant. Realistically, it would be safer for the unknowing customer

Pros: Poor quality food, poor cleanliness and poor customer relations

Cons: large parking area