“Glad to have a new place on the far east side!!”

Saguaro Corners Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 2,070 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy our OLD SPANISH TRAIL COMFORT FOOD in our dining room, on our patio or at our bar! We've been serving our local guests, our sightseeing tourist friends and hungry travelers right outside Saguaro National Park since 1956. We feature fun food for the whole family in a beautiful pleasant setting with wildlife and desert beauty right outside our windows. We're now open at 8am for weekend breakfast every Saturday and Sunday. Great new breakfast/brunch menu sure to please your entire group! Plus we have great music on the patio Thursday through Saturday. We feature a great craft beer selection including taster flights!
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Living on the outskirts of Tucson has it's advantages but finding a decent place to eat is not one of them. Needless to say we were very excited for a new restaurant to open so close to home. Overall it's not bad, not great, but not bad. They might be the first place in Tucson to fully take advantage of the beautiful mountains as the large patio has unblocked views of the Rincons and the bar is covered with shade in the afternoon and evening. My biggest complaint is that there is no Happy Hour menu yet. The bartender mentioned something about "still working on it". How hard is it to take a buck off appetizers and drinks??!! None the less the Poppititos (jalapeno poppers) were very good and unique. The watermelon ceviche was outstanding!!! Needs a better wine list but as the owner mentioned in a response to another review it's a work in progress. We will be back for sure...just hoping for that Happy Hour menu!
--Also word for the wise to the owner....Get a website or at least get on Facebook and Yelp!!

Jim C, Owner at Saguaro Corners Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Hi Traveling Couple, Thanks fr the feedback. A bit confused in that we do have happy hour pricing EVERY day. I will validate with Gabe and Erv that we haev completely rolled out. As for the wine list it is growing....since I am a wine lover myself I found the initial selection sorely lacking, It is beign fixed. We are up on facebook and the website is in progress. Thanks again.

Jim

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went to Saguaro Corners on April 6th and enjoyed ourselves. The menu was imaginative and not the same old thing. The Watermelon Ceviche was great and the jalapeno poppers were the best I've ever had. Good selection of beers on tap, but need to have Guinness so customers can enjoy a Black and Tan or a Snakebite (hint, hint). Our waiter was attentive and helpful, very service oriented. This level of service makes a customer want to come back again and again! We didn't stay late enough to enjoy the live music, but what a great addition to the outdoor dining area. A water feature would really make to outdoor dining area an Oasis! We will be back soon and bring our friends. Thank you for the wonderful addition to the Old Spanish Trail corridor!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I'm a Rocking K Ranch estates resident and travel by this restaurant daily. I can't imagine being a business owner and not thinking about expanding the parking area BEFORE opening. And then you added an outdoor seating so people dine in a parking lot.
Do something about it. People are illegally parking, and having to park in the desert. You should have thought of this before you opened. It's an accident waiting to happen.

1  Thank DanD656
Jim C, Owner at Saguaro Corners Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hi Dan, thanks for the feedback, We expanded the number of parking spaces by 25% compared to the old Saguaro Corners Restaurant and we are also in the process of adding additional spaces if Pima County will allow us. Based on the past history of other Corners and other nearby restaurants we were not expecting to have this issue on opening week. We are addressing it the best we can. Thanks.

Jim

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went there on April 1st for the opening night. Took approximently 40 minutes to get our food, no silver wear was given to us, when the food arrived it was just ok, I ordered the watermelon ceviche, mini Sonoran dogs, mahi taco and beef taco, out of all the mini dogs were the best, all others were terrible, I was looking forward to the restaurant reopening, I was so pleased that they kept the same name and sign out front unfortunately that is the only similarity to the previous establishment if you are looking for a nice place for dinner this is not the place, if you are looking to grab a quick bar food meal and chace it down with a beer than the new saguaro corners is for you. I wish them luck, however I do not see them making it.

Jim C, Owner at Saguaro Corners Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback. As you can see by this response we are very attuned to our direction and where we go from here. Opening night for any restaurant is tough and we were not any different. I hope you give us another chance and I think you'll see our standards for service and food are very high. The menu itself is in flux and after we are open for 30 days or so we will revisit the menu and add more entrees. On a final note we are not trying to be the old Saguaro Corners; we are what we are with the spirit of Saguaro Corners. I will send you a personal e-mail asking for feedback on specfic changes. Thanks.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Whenever we try someplace new we get dishes that we can share so we can try several items. For our first visit we ordered the 10 Mini Dogs and a Brisket Sandwich and a basket of chips and salsa. The chips were fresh and crisp and the salsas were tasty. The mini dogs were topped with beans, tomatoes, and crema. They were awsome! You have got to try these little dogs wrapped in candied cayenne bacon! The Brisket sandwich was flavorful and had a good portion of meat and a side of tater tots. Service was good and they were very attentive.

The interior of this historic restaurant has been brightened up, the views are still wonderful. No javalinas to feed in the back yard as before when Mr. Calvert ran the orignal. The outside patio area is cosy and there's a stage for live music. I think we'll sit outside next time.

I use a disability scooter to get around and had no problem getting to a table.

Been to Saguaro Corners Restaurant? Share your experiences!