“Go back in time with a charming guide”

Sentinel Carriage Company
Ranked #13 of 38 Tours in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sentinel Carriage Company provides the finest horse drawn service available in the Tucson area. Whether you seek a sparkling carriage for wedding or special event, the staff and horses at Sentinel know how to make you day memorable and fun. Custom tailored services for your occasion, Birthday or celebration, our famous Clydesdales can travel anywhere! We take pride in being the best!
Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Go back in time with a charming guide”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Jane Stansbury offers a fun and informative tour of downtown Tucson. We rode in a carriage that can hold up to 10 people, pulled by a gorgeous Clydesdale horse named Casey. I had a group of friends visiting Tucson, some of whom grew up here. Everyone was mesmerized by the history of the country, state, city, and neighborhood presented by Jane. She picked us up after we had a fabulous lunch at Cafe Poca Cosa, and ended the tour at Old Town Artisans for great shopping. Along the way, she accommodated our avid photographers who wanted to jump off and on for the best shots, and made us feel like her tour was customized for us. It was only an hour long, but filled with tons of information.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Conni S

Brisbane, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Relaxing history lesson”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had the pleasure of meeting Jane and her beautiful horse, Casey, on a recent trip to Tucson, outside the Old Town Artisans. What a very pleasant, relaxing way to spend an hour and to understand how Tucson became the very exciting city it is today. Jane is a walking encyclopaedia on the history of the town and brings life to the buildings and the residents who inhabited them in the past. She is a delight to spend time with, and I can highly recommend her carriage tour of the old Pueblo of Tucson. Ask her about the welsh man!! Her website is .......sentinelcarriagecompany.com

Visited October 2013
1 Thank valleymeg
Woodstown, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour of the historical district of Tucson”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were in town for a family celebration and were fortunate enough to have the Tucson branch of the family arrange for a tour with the Sentinel Carriage Company. Jane was amazing. She made the Presidio come alive for us, bringing a blend of history, sociopolitical context and local gossip from the 1800s to her commentary. Three generations of our family consider this to have been one of the highlights of our time together.
If you travel to Tucson, don't miss this.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Beachdocs
Portland, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Old Tucson comes alive with Jane”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I grew up in Arizona but my husband is a newbie so a good tour is a plus for him to understand the history and culture of the state. Jane was just perfect -- she has the right mix of historical knowledge and sociability to make the hour fly and Old Tucson come alive. It is clear that history and horses are both loves of hers and she has found a creative way to combine the two. Her horse-drawn carriage is perfect for a group or just two people and the pace allows for in depth information and Q & A. I looked for a guided walking tour but this was so much better! Thank you Jane, we will be back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank packingprincess
Jane S, Owner at Sentinel Carriage Company, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hello!
you must forgive me, I just figured out how that I can write a response!
Thank you so for riding with me and taking the time to write about your experience. You have helped my little business to get bumped to #7 on the list of Tucson Attractions, which is getting more people up the steps of my wagonette all the time. I truly appreciate it!

Right now I am working on another tour of the barrios to the south of downtown. We just did a "micro tour" of the Ft. Lowell that was really fun and of course we couldn't go through a Christmas holiday without breaking out the jingle bell for our horses and the blankets and song caroling books for our guests to get merry with!
Come back soon and enjoy the great weather and a new tour or make a holiday tradition this year.

Thank you again!
Jane
Buffalo, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely would do this again!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Absolutely would do this again!
Jane was no nice, professional, knowledgeable and accommodating!!
We did this for our parents' 60th wedding anniversary, and would highly recommend it to folks of all ages.
We learned a lot about the history of Old Tucson.
Price is very reasonable, too,

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Aimee B
Jane S, Owner at Sentinel Carriage Company, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Greetings!
Forgive me, I just figured out that I can write a response!

Thank you again!