“Better than we expected!”

Sentinel Carriage Company
Ranked #13 of 38 Tours in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sentinel Carriage Company provides the finest horse drawn service available in the Tucson area. Whether you seek a sparkling carriage for wedding or special event, the staff and horses at Sentinel know how to make you day memorable and fun. Custom tailored services for your occasion, Birthday or celebration, our famous Clydesdales can travel anywhere! We take pride in being the best!
Tucson, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Better than we expected!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This isn't just for out-of-towners.
When my Mother visited from Massachusetts I took her and a group of co-workers for this horse-drawn carriage ride. Jane and her Clydesdale Casie exceeded our expectations! Jane is personal, professional, and very well-versed in local history and lore. We are looking forward to when the construction eases up and she will be able to expand her coverage area because we'll be back for another tour.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HeyLTD
Jane S, Owner at Sentinel Carriage Company, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello!
Please forgive me, I just figured out that I can write a response to all these reviews!
Thank you so for riding with me and taking the time to write about your experience. You have helped my little business to get bumped to #7 on the list of Tucson Attractions, which is getting more people up the steps of my wagonette all the time. I truly appreciate it!

Right now I am working on another tour of the barrios to the south of downtown. We just did a "micro tour" of the Ft. Lowell that was really fun and of course we couldn't go through a Christmas holiday without breaking out the jingle bell for our horses and the blankets and song caroling books for our guests to get merry with!
Come back soon and enjoy the great weather and a new tour or make a new holiday tradition this year.

Sahuarita, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long Time Resident and Had No Clue”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have lived in Tucson for 20 years and no idea of some of the history shared by Jane Stansbury on our horse drawn carriage ride around Tucson. She dontated proceeds to a charitable foundation that I support so decided to take her tour of downtown. I was pleasantly suprised to hear great stories of Tucson's past. Seeing the remnants of older buildings mixed with a restored Tucson and understanding their connections made it an exciting ride. I look forward to the next one!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tom H

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Jane has tour down pat(ton)”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband & I took Jane (and Patton's) tour on a cool Sunday in February 2013. Jane was exceptionally informative about the history of the homes and their residents. She is in all respects very professional and dedicated to her work. And her horse, Patton, was THE BEST! Tks for allowing our dog, Gidget, to join us. There are so few touristy things one can do with a dog in tow - so allowing her on board was much appreciated!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Irena24

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun and informative!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have traveled all over the country and are big history buffs. This carriage tour was by far the best we have taken. We learned a great deal about Tucson. It was great fun! It I a must do for anyone in downtown Tucson. She gave a great talk enabling us to visualize what the Presidio must have been like and how it must have been to live during those times. Don't miss it..

“The best way to see Old Tucson.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Jane is knowledgeable and interesting. It is the best way to see old Tucson. Great orientation . Great information. Enjoy!