“Fun and informative!”

Sentinel Carriage Company
Ranked #11 of 38 Tours in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sentinel Carriage Company provides the finest horse drawn service available in the Tucson area. Whether you seek a sparkling carriage for wedding or special event, the staff and horses at Sentinel know how to make you day memorable and fun. Custom tailored services for your occasion, Birthday or celebration, our famous Clydesdales can travel anywhere! We take pride in being the best!
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I have traveled all over the country and are big history buffs. This carriage tour was by far the best we have taken. We learned a great deal about Tucson. It was great fun! It I a must do for anyone in downtown Tucson. She gave a great talk enabling us to visualize what the Presidio must have been like and how it must have been to live during those times. Don't miss it..

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Jane is knowledgeable and interesting. It is the best way to see old Tucson. Great orientation . Great information. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Jane Stansbury makes you feel like you have actually gone back in time as she takes you on a horse drawn carriage tour of the “Old Pueblo”. Her Clydesdale horses are well trained and dependable. The carriage is shaded and comfortable. All you need to do is sit back and enjoy a unique way to learn about the history of Old Tucson. .
I have been on the carriage tour with a group of seniors and also with my own family. Both groups thoroughly enjoyed themselves and I learned something new on each ride. Jane’s knowledge of the Presidio, including building construction and life styles of the people during Tucson’s early history is impressive. The location of the carriage ride is extremely convenient for planning an entire day of exploration. Jane is adjacent to the Tucson Museum of Art and the Old Town Artisans galleries. It is a short walk to La Cocina and other good restaurants. This experience is fun and educational for both long time residents and out of state or country visitors.

1  Thank Mary P
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Jane Stansbury and her Clydesdale took us on a memorable carriage ride around El Presidio del San Agustin and the Presidio mansion district as well as a traditional Sonoran neighborhood in the Barrio Historico, all from the comfort of her open air wagonette with a shade canopy. Jane shared just the right information to give us a glimpse into what Tucson was like in the 1850's and 60's. Two out of town visitors, my husband I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Jane was easy to contact via e-mail to confirm times and pay in advance. The ride starts near the Tucson Art Museum, is easy to find and is a great introduction to the city.

Been to Sentinel Carriage Company? Share your experiences!