“Good Sandwiches”

Melt - A Sandwich Joint
Ranked #641 of 2,162 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed December 18, 2014

Quite a variety of sandwiches on the menu and everything I've had here has been great. The corn soup is also delicious and has plenty of ingredients to satisfy.

Reviewed December 8, 2014

My wife had a flier dropped off at her office from these folks and we decided, based in part on their initiative to get out and canvas their neighbors, to give them a shot. "A Sandwich Joint" is a half-apt moniker for the place. There is no particular atmosphere and you order at the counter, leave your name and when your order is filled they holler your name and you go pick up your food. This is a place designed for speed so you can run in eat and get back to work. You might assume the sandwiches would reflect that but you'd be wrong. The bread is fresh, warm, yeasty wth good texture. The fillings are fresh, plentiful and delicious. I had "The Philadelphia", which you may guess was a Philly Cheese Steak. Very tasty with good underlying authenticity. We each had some of their homemade potato salad which, while somewhat uninspired, was creamy and quite tasty for a basic potato salad. I'm also a big fan of the virtually unattainable RC Cola products, which is their fountain and also available in cans.

Over all, I rate them very well for the niche they serve. If you're looking for a fast, tasty lunch for about $10.00, you can't beat them.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My company had a vendor that always bought from this company when she brought lunch. I wish I could say they were fab. But sadly I just never really found anything on their menu to write home about. I guess I am a Baggins gal, and these sandwiches just could not compare. The best one was the warm chicken marinara, but even that seemed kind of bland and plain. The bread ended up a soggy mess and everything, even their chips are just....meh. Average at best.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Cool place to go for a quick bite. Friendly staff. I enjoyed the Pittsburgh sandwich with everything. Delicious and hearty portions. Homemade potato salad was good too. This is my new favorite sandwich shop.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Huge sandwich....with unique peppers and sauces...delicious and quick. Have tried five different sandwiches...all good. Turkey pastrami was best...