“Excellent for Lunch--WAY Better than Buffet Sushi Place”
Review of Sushi Cho

Sushi Cho
Ranked #430 of 2,162 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed July 9, 2016

I've been to Sushi Cho for lunch a number of times. I've also been to an "all you can eat" sushi place a little further up Broadway Blvd. too, and there's simply no comparison. There's just something off-putting about buffet style sushi (which is usually limited to California rolls, tuna and shrimp sushi--no frills) and then there's something really genuine and uncommonly awesome about Sushi Cho.

SC's bento box lunch option is a great mix of tempura fried shrimp, veggies, and simple sushi plus a salad, and they have a pretty good selection of noodles too, although I don't get past ordering sushi. There's actually a huge selection of lunch specials to chose from, and Sushi Cho was really smart in building those specials to include a large number of Japanese and Sushi combinations. I also appreciate the fact they serve a small serving of edamame and a nice miso with most of those specials.

I've developed a love for a couple variations of eel and the soft-shell crab, but have also tried the dragon roll, Vegas roll, and some others. The sushi is fresh and sticky and fresh. And sticky. The tempura has always been crisp and golden--I consider the thick slabs of tempura sweet potato to be my dessert.

The service is immediately prompt when you enter, and attentive and friendly as you dine. Simple things like beverages are kept topped off. Sushi Cho seems to work hard to make sure you don't abuse your lunch hour too...which just adds validity to any review whether they mention that or not.

I've never tried their selection of ice cream for dessert, but they look fantastic (green tea, ginger, and some other flavor--I can't remember or find it on the Google machine right now). The ONLY kink I've ever experienced is entirely not SC's fault: parking can be sketchy (REALLY Carl's Jr.? You need ALL those spots?)

Reviewed April 25, 2016

My husband and I went for lunch. Found it by accident. Local Edmonton university area. We both enjoyed our meals. Would go again if in the area.

Reviewed December 27, 2015

Quite a few rolls on happy hour, more than just the basics. Rolls were sometimes a little messy, big and hard to eat. Pretty standard selection. Each sushi meal comes with miso and edamame, but edamame was cold and unsalted. Service was very good! We liked the Yami roll. Would eat here again for happy hour, but this was not my favorite Tucson sushi place.

Reviewed October 20, 2015

The Happy Hour deals are are very good. The sushi is fresh, well made, and at very good prices during happy hour. I cannot stress enough how good of a value this place is. They have a good collection of basic rolls, though some of their signature rolls seem a little on the boring side. Their lunch special is good but not great. Their hot appetizers are all decent, none are wow-worthy but none are disappointing, I've cycled through trying out most of them and my favorite appetizer so far has been the soft shell crab. The service is solid. Overall it is a good experience, especially for Sushi in Tucson. The quality and price make it a worthwhile meal.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

Purchase a drink (alcoholic or non-) at half price, and then enjoy discounted appetizers, sushi rolls, and $1 per piece of many kinds of nigiri sushi! Favorite nigiri choices were SALMON (omg...so good here), octopus, clam, and tilapia. Cucumber salad was also delicious. Contained seaweed as well - so kind of like 2-in-1. Tried the hot house sake - pretty darn yummy! Will absolutely be returning. Excellent service, and even during non-happy hour times, the menu was very reasonably priced.