“Friends, food, and music”
Review of Monterey Court

Monterey Court
Ranked #67 of 287 things to do in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Friends, food, and music”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Went with three friends and we had sea bass and salads. All was very fresh and nice flavors....especially enjoyed the muscle appetizers. Sat on patio under ramada and it was very pleasant. The Black Skillet Revue band was fun with lots of zydeco songs. Will definitely be back!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank bdavisengr

tucson hotel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“BEWARE!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

BEWARE!!!!
We went in to listen to some friends play music on Friday night, we were the only on there @ 5:00 Happy Hour starts @ 4:00. Two other guys showed up a little later and sat at the small bar outside. It was cool and we asked for the heaters to be lit, It proved to be a difficult task for our waiter and he got assistance, to no avail, we switched tables to a working unit. I inquired about happy hour specials and we ordered a couple of wines $4 ea. Our waiter was new, his third day on the job. Then I checked on what was available as appetizers, the happy hour sign says APPETIZERS are $5 but no appetizers are on the menu, only starters. The waiter said they were appetizers. OK, we ordered an appetizer to split. Then we had another round. (2 drinks).
When the bill arrived everything was billed at full price! Checked with waiter and he said he would straighten it out. THE OWNER would not agree. The staff said he would make the waiter make up the difference, because he misinformed us of the specials. I asked to speak to the owner, but he was too busy. I went inside and had the bill adjusted, paid w/ CC and gave the waiter a cash tip, (didn't trust the owner to pass on the tip). When CC posted it was for about 10-12$ higher than what I signed for. I called CC company to dispute the charge!!!
The morning paper had just run an article saying a lot of the merchants in the court had left to open up their own cooperative space, I wonder if the ownership had anything to do with their departure?

Visited December 2013
4 Thank azauditor
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Unique Cafe and Galleries”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We must have gone on an off night as I heard good things about this place, which I thought included the food. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were very tasty and I enjoyed them very much. The pulled pork unfortunately tasted like it was cooked days before. It was dry and served on a plain roll without dressing (or not enough) gravy. I then ordered ranch dressing to see if that would help but it didn’t. I just may have ordered the wrong menu item that evening. My husband ordered the hamburger, which he said was fine. On a positive note, the waitress was good. The drink my husband ordered did not skimp on the liquor.

We all enjoyed the atmosphere outside on the patio. It’s a renovated old motel and I liked what they did with it, which made it very unique. We basically came to hear the jazz musician and band that was playing that evening. The little unique shops were really cute and I’d would like to have liked to have spent more time exploring them. I would likely re-visit but mainly for the music, cocktails and atmosphere, which were all good. I do hope the food will get better with time as it has a lot of potential.

Visited June 2013
Livonia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Unique setting and remodel use of a historic motel!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Music in the evenings, good restaurant and interesting shops. Gourmet pet snacks, jewelry, eclectic art. All in one place.

Visited May 2013
tucson az
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“unique setting, excellent food!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This is an old, 1930s motel, completely redone but preserved.
Food was very good- lots of healthy items to choose from. Veggies are grilled, fresh grilled fish...
Generous sandwiches. Per the prior review, everything in the restaurant seemed to be very clean, including the server.
Owners husband was there and shared info re the restoration. They have jazz out doors on Sundays from 4-7.
Very friendly folks.. We will be back!

1 Thank tucsonfolks

Been to Monterey Court? Share your experiences!