“Food was not fresh and was served cold. Service was poor. I would not go back.”
Review of Cattletown

Cattletown
Ranked #445 of 2,031 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We waited for 30 minutes to get a table and when we were seated the waiter came by to tell us that he was busy and would be back in a while to serve us. We waited for another 15 minutes without so much as a glass of water. He finally came and took our orders. The water and drinks from the bar still had not arrived by the time someone else brought our entrees. We were finally able to flag down our waiter to ask for the drinks, which he had forgotten. We both ordered ribs for our entrees and they arrived cold. They tasted like they had been cooked many hours or days before and then unsuccessfully reheated. Some of the meat was so hard and dry that it was hard to tell the meat from the bones. We were never asked how our food was or if we wanted anything else. Our happy hour drinks were charged full price on the bill and when we mentioned it to the cashier she still charged us full price.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

This restaurant has some of the ingredients for a real success - very friendly efficient staff and a simple no fault menu.However, a needed effort must be made in the kitchen! Hot food must be delivered HOT not luke warm -clearly it is being premade and warmed on the woodfire rather than being cooked to order. It doesn't get hot enough initially and then is kept under warming lamps- never reaching the proper temperature and staying under the heat lamps too long before being delivered. These issues keep the restaurant from being better rated. Why not go the whole way and cook to order over a roaring fire as steaks should be cooked! We probably won't be back for rather mediocre food which could have been really good..

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Our dinner experience there was an atrocious one. It took almost an hour to get the food we ordered and then it was delivered ice cold. Twice I asked to speak to the manager and she finally came over. When I started to explain our food complaint, she got strange, stuck her hand about an inch from my face, and then started yelling at us. It was a totally bizarre experience. I called later to talk to the owner and was told that the owner and the manager are the same person, Cathy Kocis. This was the absolute worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant. Spend your money and your time elsewhere.

3  Thank D G
Reviewed January 29, 2012

For seven bucks I got a huge amount of seafood, potatoes, rolls and salad. What a blessing!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I recently made the MISTAKE of taking my family to this restaurant after a return flight from Denver. The restaurant is within a few miles from the airport which was convenient. After waiting several minutes to be seated in an other wise empty restaurant we were escorted to a table within close proximity of the kitchen. While trying to choke a third rate steak and BADLY prepared food, we had the misfortune of over hearing a shouts of profanity pouring out of the kitchen by who I later asked and found out was the owner, a very gruff, uncooth woman named Kathy.Apparantly she was letting one of her staff "have it!". We are christian people who belong to a large congregation in tucson. I will make it a mission to make sure that NONE of my family or parrishoners ever eat here again!!

1  Thank FighfighterDad

Been to Cattletown? Share your experiences!