“Fantastic food, great drinks and friendly, friendly, friendly service”
Review of Las Cazuelitas de Tucson - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Las Cazuelitas de Tucson
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Just a fantastic place ! I asked for a recommendation at my hotel and though it was a 15 - 20 minute drive away - boy was I glad that I made the drive ! Upon entering, I was immediately welcomed and seated - offered a 'drink order' right away. I asked for a recommendation - hoping that a margarita would be suggested (and it was !!!) and it was excellent ! For dinner, the fajitas de cameron were suggested - and while I have to admit, I was a little concerned about ordering 'shrimp' in the middle of landlocked Tucson, AZ ... boy, were they fantastic too ! And while they had a little bit of a 'kick' - the flavors worked well together.

And the staff could not have been more friendly !! If in Tucson, you've gotta go !

Reviewed January 12, 2010

Yes, Check them. Our experience...our waiter added over $20 dollars as a tip after we had given him cash! It took 2 weeks to get reimbursed.

2  Thank pimpernelly
Reviewed January 23, 2009

This place has a special place in our heart---we had our first date here, and we head to Las Cazuelitas often...or we used to.
Since the move to the new location the food and the service is less than satisfactory. Last night we ordered the red chili burro with rice and beans, I couldn't eat the rice because it was CRUNCHY...like the kind of crunchy if you leave them out in the open with no lid. We also ordered the combo plate and the tamale was so overcooked the masa had to be cut with a knife. Needless to say that wasn't eaten. When we brought this to the attention of our waitress she right away brought out new rice and a new tamale (swimming in red chili sauce). We asked to speak to the manager but he had nothing to say. We weren't expecting our meal free but at least comp our drinks (ice tea). Sadly, we decided that this is no longer "our" restaurant and that was our last time going there.

1  Thank NesaTucson
Reviewed July 7, 2008

new name. lunch specials. slow service.

Reviewed March 1, 2007

Located at the south end of Tucson, this place has a great reputation with the locals. While the restaurant building is nothing fancy, don't let that deter you from eating inside. The food is great. Take it easy on the chips and salsa, because the dinner plates are heaped full of food.

The service is very freindly and prompt. There is even live music most nights. The place appeared to be family freindly and able to cater larger groups with ease. The margarittas are also very good.

Prices range between $8 - 20 for dinner. They also serve breakfast and lunch.

1  Thank NMRugger