“The chicken enchilada plate is the best!”
Review of Micha's

Micha's
Ranked #878 of 2,014 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We were introduced to Micha's by a friend, and have eaten there about once a month ever since. It is, hands down, my favorite Mexican restaurant in Tucson. I literally have cravings for the chicken enchilada plate (two enchiladas with rice and beans). My husband often gets a bowl of the chicken and rice soup, which is also very good. The house margarita is done well, too. The prices are reasonable, the food is tasty, the service is friendly and efficient, and it is easy to get to. I know that Mexican food is a matter of personal taste, but, in my opinion, Micha's is the best.

There are newer reviews for Micha's

Reviewed December 13, 2011

People often wonder, what's the best Mexican restaurant in town? This is Tucson, right? There should be tons of great Mexican restaurants to chose from. And I of all people should know - I've lived here a dozen years and I work in South Tucson, the hub of great Mexican restaurants. I should have the inside scoop.

Well, recently I ordered take-out from Micha's while working late one night. It's relatively close and I've had their food before but it's been awhile. So I ordered the green chile combo plate. I don't eat beef but will eat most anything else that's relatively healthy.

When I got back to the office, I opened up the box and ... ugh. It was gross. Gray chunks of beef swimming in congealed grease with flecks of canned green chiles, plus some shredded lettuce and gloppy beans on the side. Now I haven't eaten beef in two years, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be gray.

So at that point, certain that a mistake was made, I call Micha's. "Oh," the guy on the phone says when I inquire as to why they put beef in my supposedly vegetarian dinner. "We make everything with beef." Really??

"So the chicken dishes have beef in them?" I ask.

"No," he replies.

"And the salsa has beef in it?" No, he says. This goes on a bit. "So why don't you say in the menu that this dish has beef?" "Well," he says, "everyone knows that."

Really?? I get no apology, no offer to make it right. Thanks, Micha's - I won't be back. Ever. I toss the meal and go hungry for the rest of the night. And if anyone asks me where to go for good Mexican food, I'll send them somewhere else.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I tried horchata for the first time and I'm now obsessed, it's like rice pudding in drink form! I also had a machaca and egg burro which was excellent. I tried a friends chorizo and eggs and thought the chorizo could have been spicier. She also had the mineudo she loved it I wasn't such a fan turns out it's not grits I don't like it's just hominy in general! Overall I loved my first Mexican breakfast!

Reviewed May 21, 2011

I never fail to go to Micha's when I am in town. It's hands down my favorite Mexican restaurant. The food is excellent, made with the freshest ingredients. Micha's serves mostly Sonoran cuisine, not Tex-Mex, and it is absolutely delicious. It is a family-type restaurant with very efficient service. You'd be hard-pressed to find a table during the lunch time crunch or holidays.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Not much atmosphere here, food is solid but nothing out of the ordinary compared to other places around town. The service is outstanding - wonderful waitstaff attentive, efficient, and friendly.