“Delicious Ribs!”

Daisy Mae's Steak House
Ranked #101 of 1,986 Restaurants in Tucson
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Henderson, Nevada
“Delicious Ribs!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Recommened to us by a local. We had been out sightseeing all day and were hot and tired and hungry. Loved the ribs. They were fall off the bone tender. I was going to order the Ribeye, but it was 14 oz. (too much to eat). Obviously, CoolAZMom doesn't know her beans; this place doesn't have baked beans, they have pinto beans that are to die for and that are made for eatting with bar-b-que. Reasonable prices. Service was very good. Don't go looking for fancy food. They have steak, ribs, and chicken with beans, baked potatoes and salad (they might have had fries, but we didn't order those). But go for the ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband had one of the steaks and he said it was delicious (not Ruth's Chris Steak House delicious, but hey, we weren't paying Ruth's prices, either).
It was kind of weird sitiing next to all those dollar bills on the wall. You have to see it to believe it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Perferscamping

San Anselmo, CA
“Golf Buddies Dinner”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Fun place. True hole in the wall restuarant that has not been updated for 20 years (furniture, TVs, decor, etc), but it is part of the appeal. The food though was simple and delicious at a fair price. I would definitely go back.

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Cute, but just okay.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was a cute and fun little place. I have had better steak, but the atmosphere was fun. I recommend for a family with kids. The prices was right and the food was good. Great margaritas.

Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Dilapidated venue, meager menu, amateur wait staff, with surprisingly high prices”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My daughter, a student at UofA, wanted to try this restaurant, so my husband and I gamely agreed (although after looking at a few of the reviews and the restaurant's website, I surely was apprehensive). The menu consists predominantly of beef: filet, ribs, ribeye, plus a chicken dish and the "catch of the day." Sides are limited to what is served with the entrees: baked potatoes, limp iceberg lettuce salads, and a wooden salad dish with viscous gray baked beans served family style (my family all likes baked beans, but none of us could muster the courage to even sample these).

The only reason I'm giving this place two stars is that my husband and daughter liked their ribeye and filet, respectively. I give it a big thumbs down and wouldn't be surprised to see the restaurant listed in the Board of Health violations column in a forthcoming edition of the Arizona Star.

• Visited March 2013
Iowa
“Great ribs”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our experience here was good. We basically tripped over this restaurant. We weren't looking for a place to eat yet, but ran across a sign pointing in the direction and decided to give it a shot. There are no reservations, except for Valentine's Day.

We both had the ribs, and we loved them. We would've gone back if time had allowed it. Had we gone back I would've had more ribs. We arrived before dinner rush kicked in, so we got right in to a seat. It looks like when the weather is nice they have additional outdoor seating, but being there in February nothing was setup outside, so I wouldn't swear to outdoor seating, they sure have outdoor space for it though.

The interior decor, well, you just gotta see it for yourself. Um, rustic, fairly unique. Not bad, certainly not romantic, kinda western steakhouse, but, well, different.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank traveler_from_Iowa

Been to Daisy Mae's Steak House? Share your experiences!