“Authentic Korean and Japanese Cuisine”
Review of Takamatsu

Takamatsu
Ranked #585 of 2,162 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We travel worldwide and experienced eating Asian dishes and we certainly wasn't disappointed the way they prepared and served our dinner.

We arrived around 5:00 pm for the dinner as to beat the rush hours around 6:00 pm customers. So happened when we arrived there were many tables to be selected for the party of six of us. By 6:00 pm on weekday, the tables were pratically all occupied with the customers.

Meal was authentic as we ordered both the Korean and Japanese dishes and cooked our meals on the propane cooker on the center of the table . The, appetisers to the main dishes, they were well prepared well with the fresh vegetables and the meat dishes.

The staff were very friendly and anticiapted our needs and served us well.

It's one of the best restaurants in Tucson!

Reviewed June 25, 2017

First time at this place in Tucson. Our family who lives in Tucson and owns their own restaurant took us there for dinner and it DID NOT DISSAPOINT.
Great food, great atmosphere and now I see why they are so highly recommended. Couldn't have been a better dinner.
The cook even came out to visit with us and she is definitely a valued asset to this place. Great experience all the way around.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

I had a very good miso that was different from any others I've had. My scallops and fried rice and sauteed veggies were also very good. Takamatsu offers a variety of Japanese and Korean foods including sushi, BBQ, tempeh, and teppan. The prices are a bit on the high side but the quality of the food and service -- when I visited, at least -- was very good.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Takamatsu had a friendly staff. Great prices for sake bombs and overall good sushi made for a good experience

Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

I m leaving town to go back to Hawaii and this was going to be a Sushi blowout.
Unfortunately, there was a anniversary party, big, and our orders came in spurts. Eat and wait and eat and wait and eat doesn't work. They knew they had a big group coming, so be ready. We should not suffer because of that.
That was the waitress excuse..
And the layout of our orders ,
Just looked jumbled. No style.
And last, a cowgirl server in a Sushi restaurant seems out of place.
At least I have time to go to sushi-zona for lunch before we go. Maybe
I can make up for the loss of pleasure..