“one of the best deals around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #982 of 1,911 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Victoria, Canada
“one of the best deals around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just dropped in without reading any reviews ahead of time. The lunch buffet was an excellent deal. Lots of fish, Korean dishes and about 1/2 dozen kinds of sushi all for 9.95

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sirlaroute

Tucson, Arizona
“Best Sushi in Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been coming here for over 14 years and they have always served fresh fish, perfectly cooked rice and the wait staff refills drinks before they go empty. Each of the sushi chef's have their own style and creations which makes dining here an experience. The all-you-can-eat in addition to the amazing happy hour will keep me coming back here for years to come.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AzIronman
Dallas, TX
“Happy Hour Karaoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you can, definitely check this place out on a Thursday night, when they have karaoke and happy hour prices. I spent about $10 on what would have been at least $17-$20 regular price, on a few different appetizers, nigiri sushi and beer.

The service was good, and the food itself was very good. The fish in my sushi tasted fresh, and the dumplings were nicely cooked. I've heard the BBQ is excellent, too, but we didn't have time to partake.

I would definitely recommend this place to both visitors, and locals!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Zantastic
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Sushi Competition Fierce in Tucson”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is actually my third strikeout for sushi in the area - surprisingly, as with Takamatsu, all recent reviews had a solid vibe, spacious, clean, and pleasant, but all also had only mediocre sushi. My standards are high, yes, but I do not want all-you-can-eat sushi to taste like all-you-can-eat sushi ... in that sense that I want high quality fish, tasty and fresh ingredients, and excellent preparation and display. Maybe I'm just a sushi snob, and perhaps I have a three-tier system for sushi and have yet to uncover the precise pattern(s)/logistics for my reasoning, but it is there nonetheless: great sushi, mediocre sushi, and inedible sushi. Luckily, I have not encountered the inedible, but thus far the only great sushi I have found is a Kazoku a few blocks down the road - which, like Bushi, also had excellent miso soup. At Takamatsu, my best recommendation honestly is the karokke appetizer. In the area's sushi defense, I was not born/raised in Tucson and my palate is mostly defined by specific coastal and eastern regions of the US.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rhonda B
Sandia Park, New Mexico
“Excellent Korean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has some of the best Korean food in the southwest. There are a limited number of Korean restaurants to begin with, so we are very happy that Tak is so good. We've been there several times when visiting Tucson and the food is always excellent. Also great service by very attractive waitresses.

Visited April 2013