“Everything rebuilt, except service”
Review of Takamatsu

Takamatsu
Ranked #907 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Everything rebuilt, except service”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Food was great, but service need attention. This was the first visit since the rebuild and one would think it would be above par. Maybe I will try the happy hour some time and have a different experience.

1 Thank SuperDCR

Phoenix, Arizona
“Overpriced and not a good selection”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

There were not near enough choices on the buffet. I left disappointed. The things they had were pretty good, but I will probably not go again.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank david760
Tucson
“Better than ever Takamatsu”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

For YEARS this restaurant has been our favorite. Here we celebrated our kids' birthdays from a very young age - in fact, our daughter ate an entire caterpillar roll when she was 14 months old. We love this place. When it burnt and was close for a long time we were very sad. It has reopened and is FABULOUS!!! You must try it.

• Visited February 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Rebuilt better than ever after a fire”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

This establishment has a great menu including Japanese food, sushi, and Korean BBQ (GREAT!).

Denver, Colorado
“All you can eat sushi”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My husband likes to ride in the Tour de Tucson. Every year we like to eat the "all you can sushi". They have remodel the place, due to a fire and I can't say I love it. I feel like I'm now eating in a cafeteria. It's cold and sterile whereas before it seemed more warm and inviting. Nevertheless, I can overlook the decor to eat some really great sushi. All the fish was great but that night the salmon stood out. Even my 8 year old couldn't get enough of it.

• Visited November 2011

Been to Takamatsu? Share your experiences!