“health department needs to take a serious look”
Review of Bobo's Restaurant

Bobo's Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 2,003 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Tucson, Arizona
“health department needs to take a serious look”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

First, upon arrival I noticed majority of the staff standing behind the restaurant, doing what I have no idea, but it didn't make for a good first impression. I noticed debris in the sugar container on the table. My dining companion observed a server lick a spoon of peanut butter. My sausage came out completely undercooked and pink in the middle and barely warm. My friends eggs were basically raw. It was busy, I get it, the kitchen was trying to push food out. But this is dangerous. I'm sure the general public would be willing to wait a few more minutes to prevent anyone from getting food poisoning. Great that it's a family owned restaurant but they need to take a serious look at the cleanliness and the type of service they're providing, and the basics of food safety. After the food was dropped at our table, the server tossed the check on the edge of the table and never came back. I would have informed her of the undercooked food but it doesn't really work when no one rechecks the table.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank iksh8989

Lucas, Kansas
“At the Top of my Fav's List!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Oh my Gosh!! Can't believe I ate the whole thing!! And that I've never been here before.....the best breakfast in my entire life was eaten here in this perfectly homely looking 'hole-in-the-wall'!! Just because it's ugly on the outside...and pretty bland on the inside, doesn't mean they can't produce the best.....clearly the effort here is in the food. Had one pancake with carmelized banana slices...the pancake was bigger than the large plate and light as a feather!! My hubby's omelet was the most awesome too.

Our waitress is in her 20th yr there (Bobo's is 30 yrs old) and happy as a clam. It was Sunday a.m....almost 8 and before 8:30 there was a long line out the door. The staff works like a well oiled machine and we had a very short wait time for our meal. The cook (there's a cook's tip jar too) sings while she hovers over the hot grill. Make sure you take an opportunity to have a meal in this one-of-a-kind, locals oriented awesome little place! We'll go there next time we're in town...for sure!

• Visited October 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“small & funky but delicious & cheap”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

You may have to wait in line if you go on weekend mornings or holidays, but this place is worth it! They serve up a pancake that overflows the side of the plate, with your choice of banana, apple or chocolate chips in the pancake, and you can order it to be cooked with cinnamon sugar crisped onto it. Wow!! Their breakfasts and lunches taste great and the prices are very inexpensive. Check out their senior deals as well. We've always had great service too!

• Visited September 2012
tchrs
“Great value - not fancy”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Home cooked food in a old fashioned diner. The decor is non existant. The eggs are cooked perfectly any way you like. My favorite is the fried potatoes. This is a good place if you want to ruin a diet. Food is cheap and on weekend mornings there is often a wait. They open and close early.

Visited September 2012
“Lovable little hole in the wall breakfast place!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Its a tiny little place that serves a breakfast bigger than itself. The food was flavorful and served quickly by attentive staff.

Locals my know this place well but we stumbled on it during a visit to the area. The massive amount of food was served piping hot and exactly as ordered. The staff were all over the place quickly keeping all the glasses filled and needs met.

Visited August 2012

Been to Bobo's Restaurant? Share your experiences!