“Simple and savory”

Silver Saddle Steak House
Ranked #52 of 1,977 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, AZ
“Simple and savory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My fiance frequently mentioned this restaurant, but given it's location I was a bit less enthralled at the prospect of it as a dining destination. To my surprise it's now my favorite for ribs. From the moment we stepped out of the car and the smell of mesquite met my nostrils, my palate was on alert. Unlike other national or local chains, the sauce for the ribs is not thick and sweet, but simple and tasteful and served on the side. The salad bar is small, and offered by my standard few choices, yet I made myself a superb salad, simple and chilled to perfection. Service is to the point, not a song and dance. The food is served simply, no food additives, honest and flavorful, the rolls, beans and other meat dishes, just like home. Tucson needs more local restaurants without additives, season salts and sugars to hype up the tastebuds. Thank you Silver Saddle.

1 Thank beehealthy

Anderson, Indiana
“Great food in an Unexpected Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Outwardly, this restaurant didn't look quite up to par (older signage) but it was a great place. Steaks were great and had a dinner salad from the salad bar. Prices were reasonable. Service was ok. Would recommend to others!

Visited September 2013
“Excellent food, good prices and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Just ate Silver Saddle's Sampler it was excellent!! Steak cooked perfectly, ribs tender, chicken delicious. My friend had prime rib and said it was great! Service was good, not excellent. I didn't see that there was wine list until after dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Atmosphere - OK Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We looked forward to great steaks in Tucson landmark. We got the ambiance.... The New York strip was OK, but not memorable. One of our group did get the Prime Rib and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I'll give it another try next time I'm in town

Tucson
“Prime Rib !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

After visiting this restaurant I came away with the distinct impression that the really good item on the menu is the prime rib. It is what was recommended by the "cook" who also happened to be the manager and son of the owner.
The onion soup was mediocre at best with very little flavor.
One person ordered the sirloin - medium well - it was overcooked - little flavor - and dry.
Three ordered the prime rib - two the large portion which neither could finish--huge--but cooked to perfection and very flavorful. The other ordered the small portion and it was also great.
The sides are the ordinary fare expected from a steak house--beans and potatoes.
The best part of this meal was dessert---MUD PIE- huge - three of us shared and two of us decided we would return just for dessert.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Silver Saddle Steak House? Share your experiences!