“Steak and Beans”

Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse
Ranked #106 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 50 years, Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse has served Tucson. Locally owned and operated, Pinnacle Peak takes great pride in serving real Western food in an authentic Old West atmosphere. Opening in 1962, Pinnacle Peak became famous for good food and good fun. Guests were encouraged to relax and enjoy a hearty steak dinner. The "No Ties Allowed" policy has always been a part of the Pinnacle Peak mentality. In 1971, a fire roared through the property and completely destroyed Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, Pinnacle Peak and the Silver Dollar Saloon were rebuilt bigger and better than ever. Since then, we have entertained everyone from locals to guests from all over the world. Modern day Trail Dust Town contains not only Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse, but local shops, amusement rides, stunt shows, the Savoy Opera House banquet facility, and the Museum of the Horse Soldier. Kick back, relax, and take a trip back in time. Remember, no ties allowed!
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Have been going to this attraction for many years for a good steak. The steaks are large Tee-Bone or Porterhouse type steaks. While they are very good, my wife and I prefer the Rib Steaks. The ribs are also good. Cowboy (Pinto) beans are included. Great place for family and friends, but don't dress up too much or you will regret it! Notice all the ties hanging all over the place?

There are also nearby attractions including kids rides and a cowboy shootout. Its an old west town layout.

1  Thank jacklmc

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had no waiting time and were seated right away. Our table was in an area a little too dark for my taste and we had to use the flashlight feature on our phone to read the menu. Our waiter was very friendly, answered all our questions and delivered the food in a timely fashion.

The food was plentiful and delicious and our group ordered everything from steak to ribs to vegetarian options. Very tasty. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

2  Thank Betty C
Reviewed November 8, 2013

A friend booked the venue for us - a group of twelve. Taken straight to the table and served drinks promptly. Place was very busy so had to wait for some time for the food to arrive, however this wasn't too much of an issue with us as we had lots to talk about and the beers were flowing! Most of our group ordered steak which were well presented and enjoyed by all. No complaints from anyone on the evening as a whole.

3  Thank capercaillie
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I checked out a number of restaurants to dine at when visiting the Tucson area and decided to try out Pinnacle Peak. I was not disappointed. I knew I was going to be eating steak a few days later, so I decided to try their ribs. I could not believe how many came with the full rack and ended up eating all of them. A huge portion!! They were delicious and the pork just fell off the bone. They give you beans as a side with a salad and they were....OK and then I ordered a side of corn on the cob, which was a little on the small side. Oh well, the ribs made up for any negatives. The place fills up fast on a Friday night, so try and go early. Think I got there at about 6:00 pm and walked right in.

There are some cool shops to walk around to in the immediate area of the restaurant and in the back are some rides for the little one's.

3  Thank 1momo1
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a business dinner here recently. The servers work very hard and do a great job. Wow do those ladies work the table. The issue they have here is the food. Appetizer selection is weak. Portions are small. Entrees are ok.. not great. if it wasn't for the Western town theme and the ability to put 20 people at a table I'd probably go somewhere else. Steaks were just ok.. no real consistency with the cooking.

4  Thank PhillyFamilyofFour