“Enjoyable Evening”

Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse
Ranked #135 of 2,048 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 50 years, Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse has served Tucson. Locally owned and operated, Pinnacle Peak takes great pride in serving real Western food in an authentic Old West atmosphere. Opening in 1962, Pinnacle Peak became famous for good food and good fun. Guests were encouraged to relax and enjoy a hearty steak dinner. The "No Ties Allowed" policy has always been a part of the Pinnacle Peak mentality. In 1971, a fire roared through the property and completely destroyed Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, Pinnacle Peak and the Silver Dollar Saloon were rebuilt bigger and better than ever. Since then, we have entertained everyone from locals to guests from all over the world. Modern day Trail Dust Town contains not only Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse, but local shops, amusement rides, stunt shows, the Savoy Opera House banquet facility, and the Museum of the Horse Soldier. Kick back, relax, and take a trip back in time. Remember, no ties allowed!
Reviewed November 8, 2013

A friend booked the venue for us - a group of twelve. Taken straight to the table and served drinks promptly. Place was very busy so had to wait for some time for the food to arrive, however this wasn't too much of an issue with us as we had lots to talk about and the beers were flowing! Most of our group ordered steak which were well presented and enjoyed by all. No complaints from anyone on the evening as a whole.

3  Thank capercaillie

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I checked out a number of restaurants to dine at when visiting the Tucson area and decided to try out Pinnacle Peak. I was not disappointed. I knew I was going to be eating steak a few days later, so I decided to try their ribs. I could not believe how many came with the full rack and ended up eating all of them. A huge portion!! They were delicious and the pork just fell off the bone. They give you beans as a side with a salad and they were....OK and then I ordered a side of corn on the cob, which was a little on the small side. Oh well, the ribs made up for any negatives. The place fills up fast on a Friday night, so try and go early. Think I got there at about 6:00 pm and walked right in.

There are some cool shops to walk around to in the immediate area of the restaurant and in the back are some rides for the little one's.

3  Thank 1momo1
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a business dinner here recently. The servers work very hard and do a great job. Wow do those ladies work the table. The issue they have here is the food. Appetizer selection is weak. Portions are small. Entrees are ok.. not great. if it wasn't for the Western town theme and the ability to put 20 people at a table I'd probably go somewhere else. Steaks were just ok.. no real consistency with the cooking.

4  Thank PhillyFamilyofFour
Reviewed October 25, 2013

.......it's the EXPERIENCE. It had been fully 40 years since I had been to this restaurant and some things have changed. The drive out seemed shorter because it has been built up on both sides. Forty years ago it was all desert and i remember that trhe drive seemed as though it took hours even though there was no speed limit. Now, with traffic lights and a speed limit, it takes about 25 minutes from the airport.

It's a very casual steak place and, frankly, the steak wasn't great. Years ago the attraction was the size of the steak that exceeded the size of the plate. Now it's much smaller and not of great quality. So why am I rating it very good? Partially nostalgia but also the experience. I wore a tie knowing full well what would happen but I had lost one on my original visit when I was duped into wearing one. This time I knew what would happen. With much fanfare and ringing of a cow bell the waitress, and an assistant, proceeded to relieve me of my necktie. It will now hang in the rafters forever along with thousands and thousands of others. My original "offering" may still be up there somewhere.

Seeing the photos of old cowboy heroes was also great. Could you recognize Tom Mix?

Plenty bof cowboy entertainment also available outside for the family.

4  Thank recumbentrider
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I cannot say the culinary experience rates 4 stars, but the steaks are very good and the atmosphere is fun. I always go with a bunch of friends and we always have a good time.

4  Thank 10sJohn