“What's all the fuss about?”
Review of Vivace Restaurant

Vivace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vivace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,033 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campbell and River
Description: Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was not as impressed as most by Vivace. On the night I went, the service was poor. We waited almost an hour for our entrees and mine was only mediocre. One of my dining companions had the same opinion of the food, while another raved about it. But we all agreed that the service left a lot to be desired. It took another half hour to get and pay our bill. Maybe they wanted us to drink more but, as we already had drinks before we went, we shared a bottle of wine. I had so looked forward to trying this highly touted location, but was disappointed. The evening atmosphere at St. Philips Plaza is very nice.

2  Thank Debbie R

Reviewed March 8, 2014

If you have dinner one time at Vivace, you will understand why it is one of the best restaurants in Tucson.

1  Thank FBTCW
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Not only am I Italian, but I grew up in a restaurant family...Not only did we own 'em but we always savored restaurants...it was like a religion.
Vivace. Incomparable.
Best service imaginable. Best decor for comfortable eating, and for feeling like a demi-goddess. Best menu and exquisite, indescribable tastes. Great for romance, for family, for friends AND GREAT for a treat yourself meal, while delighting in what makes eating the sacred activity that it is....

Reviewed March 6, 2014

First time visitor to this restaurant, heard lots of people comment on the food. Reservations had to be made and the earliest was 8 pm. This restaurant was pack. They are moving to a new location. Sat at the bar waiting on a table and noticed some other visitors have what they called a cheese souffle. Raved about this appetizer. Got seated at a table and the waiter was awsome!
Ordered the cheese souffle and it was fabulous. Ordered our meals, my husband ordered the penne with sausage and I ordered the Four Cheese Manicotti. The waiter came back about 15 minutes later and said they were out of the manicotti. Very disappointed, I ordered a ceaser salad instead. The salsd was just covered in dressing, so much that the lettuce wilted.
I would go back for the cheese souffle but nothing else impressed me

1  Thank Leannfulton1
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Vivace is one of the best restaurants in town! When I want a meal that is extra special, I know that Vivace's will never disappoint me. Everything is prepared perfectly and the service is always friendly and attentive. I am looking forward to their move up to the beautiful foothills.!

Been to Vivace Restaurant? Share your experiences!