“Excellent food, but pricey”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Campbell Avenue
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food, but pricey”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is an upscale restaurant that takes themselves seriously and generally delivers good value for a nice evening out, but be prepared for $10 (OK...maximum is $9.50) for each side; those add up quickly.

Had a great Ribeye cooked to perfection and enjoyed the seasoning on it, but question the 'family-style' giant baked potato. It was so good I could have easily eaten it myself.

The whole table of 6 loved their meal.

Quirky too: waitresses in short black skirts with fishnets, and a single large 'bun' left on the table for customers to slice (crush) with an inappropriate knife...

Side caesar salad OK, but nothing special.

Visited January 2013

Hughson, California
“Great Birthday Dinners”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Thanks Mom, for surprising me and dad with dinner at Sullivan's. My fillets were fantastic and I loved the Cucumber Martinis (my new fav) This was my first visit at the restaurant and I really enjoyed my dinner. The service was exceptional and the food was terrific, and there was a lot of food per order. I think everyone should indulge and have the shrimp cocktails, there are enormous! And our waiter was right, the cucumber martinis are supper! You got to try one, oh and Bombay Gin is best.
Modesto, CA has really lost it's edge on service and fine dining, I was glad that Mom and Dad's town still have the consumer in mind for a great meal. Thanks Sullivan's!

• Visited January 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Not Your Average Chain”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Steak and Lamb Chops are delicious. A good wine list and excellent service. Valet service is recommended because of parking limitations.

Beckley, West Virginia, United States
“pricy but good”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Good classic steakhouse in foothills. After oysters on the half shell, the wife had lamb chops, I had salmon, all tasty. Wife's martini was nice and dry, as requested. Romantic atmosphere, excellent service. An added bonus is the live jazz and hors d'oeuvres in the bar on Thursdays. Price is the only drawback, but a nice place to celebrate.

Visited December 2012
Marana, Arizona
“New Year's Eve at Sullivan's Tucson”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We took a chance and reserved a table at Sullivan's on River Rd. in Tucson for their Price Fixe ($89) dinner onNew Year's Eve. We don't usually go out to eat on big holidays because of the poor service and/or very limited menu items.
However, having been to Sullivan's numerous times, we knew it would be right. And, it was.
Their Price Fixe menu had 6 or 8 choices for each of the four courses. My 16 oz. rib eye was done to perfection and delicious. My wife's 8 oz. filet mignon was equally good. Caeser salads were terrific. At the next table, their choice of 5 shrimp cocktail also looked good.
The sides, one per person, are large enough to share, which we did. The desserts were super. I took the Bananas Bread pudding home (I just didn't have any more room) and my wife's chocolate moose was wonderful.
Our server, Caroline, was spot on. Attentive, friendly, professional and helpful. All you can ask of a server.
If Sullivan's can do this good of a job on a major holiday night, you know they will do it any other time.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Sullivan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!