“Worth the Wait!”
Review of Mi Nidito

Mi Nidito
Ranked #46 of 2,048 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stopped in on a Saturday night and were told it would be an hour to an hour and one half. It was only 30 minutes. We shared the presidential platter and it was more than enough food for two people! I have eaten here every time I pass through Tucson and all I can say is Yes! It is worth the wait! The food is delicious and the staff is always friendly! I will keep coming back here!

1  Thank KGodinez

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our second visit to Mi Nindito and this time we went as a group of six, four who had never been there. We had a 45 minute wait to be seated but from then on we were well taken care of. The salsa is lively, not a problem for this group. The beer and margaritas were flowing. The food was very good and everyone was happy with their choices. We would all come back.

1  Thank BillJoyce2014
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We spent $24 for cab fare to eat here, after a 45 minute wait we were seated. The waiting area is very small unless you want to wait outside. The food was delicious, I ordered a #1 which came with a chile relleno, tamale, bean tostada and cheese enchilada. It was a lot of food but I wanted to try different things from there. The chile relleno was by far the best. It was so fresh and the chile still had a crunch to it. I would go back again only if I had a rental car and didn't have to spend the $ on a cab.

1  Thank loielee
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Wow! I love this place! Have eaten here on every trip to Tucson. I always try other people's dishes, but cannot tear myself away from the chicken enchilada with green chile sauce. Juicy, pulled chicken, fresh handmade tortilla, perfect mix of cheese, chicken and bubbling sauce. Heaven on a plate. Worth every minute you have to wait...this place has lines down the block for a reason.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Strike 1
We waited a decent 20 min, I would say average wait time for a Saturday around late afternoon. The atmosphere is quaint and gave a “mom and pop” kind of feel. As we were seated someone came to take our drink orders and placed some salsa and chips on the table. Salsa was ok could use a bit more flavor but had a nice heat to it. A waitress came and took our order and then she also took the bowl of chips, which I was still working on away to bring us a new bowl that was nice and warm. At first I thought wow, although I am one that hates wasting food I guess they really care about the quality of the food here. Boy was I wrong!!!! I also witness them dump my chips back into a big container of some sort that I saw another waitress take chips from. For me this is not a deal breaker, I’m sure worse goes on behind closed doors in the kitchen. So I let it fly and continue to eat the warm chips.
Strike 2
Our meal comes out and is placed on the table, 1 of the 2 items were not ours and my friend immediately gets the waitresses attention to tell her. She removes it from our table abd places it back on her cart. She does however, not go back to the kitchen, instead she passes two tables and serves the third table the dish. Once again, it could be worse, so I continue to remain positive.
Strike 3
She comes out with another dish and my friend and I split both plates. We eat the flautas first, love it! I’m already working on my chimichanga was I thought was the birria. I’m three bites into mine when my friend points out that the order is again wrong and it’s the red chili. So we stop eating and she gets the waitresses attention. The waitress comes over and explains that since I had taken a bite of mine she will see if they can make the correct order but only make half. REALLY??? You take the wrong order, serve the wrong food, I take a bite and you want to only replace the half that wasn’t touched?? So my friend speaks up and they bring us a new one, however, they remove the one I had started to eat, to no doubt throw away. We had to sit there as the rest of our sides got cold until it was made.
However. its so darn good that I will be back like a nympho