“Good Mexican Food, large portions”
Review of Mi Nidito

Mi Nidito
Ranked #38 of 1,995 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
“Good Mexican Food, large portions”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We've eaten at many Mexican restaurants in Tucson and this one is quite comparable to some of the best. The staff is very friendly, timely and accurate. The atmosphere is just what you would expect from a Mexican restaurant, colorful and busy. The food is served nice and hot with generous portions. Maybe a little too cheesy but I certainly won't complain. All in all it was a very good experience.

• Turkish first
United States
“The Staff Is Excellent!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The staff here is so friendly and helpful. The restaurant is relatively small as is the kitchen. The food was average Mexican. My one suggestion for improvement would be to get a better bar selection. Their Margarita's are only offered with Jose Cuervo Tequila. That is a disappointment. With such limited space, I am not sure what they can do, but hopefully they offer more drink choices in the future.

The neighborhood is not the best. They have closed circuit cameras in the parking lot as well as a guard. Would not recommend women going alone here.

Houston, Texas
“Average Mexican Food”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

While traveling through Tucson, I decided to eat dinner at Mi Nidito, which was featured on the Travel Channel. I ordered the "Presidential Platter," the dinner that President Clinton had at the restaurant. The plate had items I would not have ordered, otherwise (No wonder he had a heart attack!). I thought the food was average. I arrived at 5:15 p.m. and was seated immediately. By the time I left an hour later, the restaurant was full and there were approximately 20 people waiting to be seated, so the restaurant is obviously very popular.

Perhaps, I would feel differently about the restaurant had I ordered items I prefer.

California
“Nothing horrible but nothing great”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a couple of times now with my wife and in-laws. This last time I had the chicken flautas and shared a chile relleno. They were okay, but I have better versions of both in restaurants within the same neighborhood. My wife got the chili colorado and it had an over powering beefiness to it. I have way better chile colorado with very flavorful chili sauce. The food isn't bad, but I have had much better and therefore doesn't live up to the hype for me.

Visited November 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Food makes the wait worth it”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The president's plate is consistently good, cheese soup and cheese crisp are the best all around. Only downside is the wait. Most times up to 45 min. In the end the food makes the wait worth it. The spices and sauces used are very home made tasting.

1 Thank John M