“Authentic Recipes - Fabulous Food”
Review of Mi Nidito

Mi Nidito
Ranked #47 of 2,050 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I went to Mi Nidito approximately two years ago and figured if we arrived mid-afternoon we would beat the lunch and dinner crowd. Wrong - it was a forty minute wait. This time we decided to get there a half hour early...and there were people already waiting in line. By the time the restaurant opened at 11am there were more than 50 people waiting outside and after tasting the food it is not difficult to understand why.

Most of the dishes are truly authentic; however, there are some variations as chimichangas are not quite prevalent in Mexico. The flautas and the enchiladas though are phenomenal and the salsa has a pleasant spice to it without being too overbearing.

If you get there during the day, anticipate a 30-40 minute wait, but the food is worth it, and the owners are always there to ensure of good quality.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Best Mexican restaurant in Tucson since we moved here 9 months ago. If a restaurant has had patrons the likes of Bill Clinton, Bill Shatner, Julio & Enrique Iglesias, and Jake "The Snake" Roberts, it's gotta be pretty good right? Other reviewers mention long waits to be seated. Not a problem at 10pm on a Thursday. My only qualm with Mi Nidito is that there is no carne asada on the menu whatsoever. Come on now. You can't be a Mexican restaurant and not have carne asada.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

You will wait so be prepared. The waiting area is very small. There is no bar to have a drink while you wait.

The atmosphere was busy, festive somewhat chaotic.

The food was plentiful, reasonable and i think very very tasty.

Although I would not hesitate to return ; the long (close quarters) wait may deter me.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Walked in and thought it was going to be an average Mexican restaurant but was very surprised how good the food is. Staff was great. I will definitely return.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I go to Mi Nidito at least once a week. We always get there and are greeted by the owner or other workers when we walk in. But the food is always very good and tasty. When ordering it depends on the season during the winter months I usually order some sort of soup and other times just depends on what looks good. I'll look at the food that is being brought out and then make my decision. The last time in we ordered the cheese crisp with mango on top I found my new appetizer. So if you can wait (sometimes up to a hour) it is well worth the wait.