“The Good, the Bad & the Ugly”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #303 of 2,050 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My review is specifically for the Irvington location: the good - Luigi is an excellent server (friendly, quick & professional). I opted for the new $12.99 3-course meal w/unlimited garlic sticks, soup or salad. I chose the chicken/dumpling soup & it was tasty & served piping hot. the bad & ugly - I chose the chicken breast w/a red wine glaze - mediocre, It was served w/risotto; by far, the worst risotto I've ever had! It was dry & tasteless....the waiter & mgr were apologetic & I asked for a side of pasta w/garlic & oil, but I rec'd limp, overcooked pasta w/a side of a garlic flavored creamy sauce - horrible. The included dessert was Tiny, altho flavorful. The mgr insisted on comping me meal - Appreciated, but I won't return there any time soon...

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very busy restaurant; accepted bar area seating, which was satisfactory; waited on quickly; ordered all you can eat salad and spaghetti (my favorite dish at Olive Garden). The food was very good, reasonably priced. Apparently a new waitress, not yet trained, forgot to provide the salad; the main dish arrived, and no salad; when I pointed out that I needed my salad, the kitchen helper who brought the main dish went to the manager, who came over and apologized, and tore up my check, providing the meal complimentary. I thought it was extremely good public relations on the part of the manager, who knew there was a problem. Since I had never had a situation like this previously at Olive Garden, I was certainly willing to overlook the gaff. The restaurant was clean, food fresh and hot, and though crowded, with long wait times, service was otherwise reasonably good. Good menu selection; great all you can eat salads, friendly staff and manager, nice family place to eat! I would recommend it to everyone, Tucson location included!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Olive Garden will not give you a bad meal. By the same token I can't say that they are memorable. It's solid food, just not 'special' in my opinion

Reviewed May 31, 2013

As chains go, this is very good or at least, used to be. My wife loves almost all types of pasta based dishes and had the lasagna which was excellent as always. My problem is dietary limitations and pasta is off limits. Years ago, Olive Garden had more meat dishes but they seem to be disappearing from the menu. Today I tried an 'Italian Sampler' item choosing stuffed mushrooms (very average) and chicken tenders. It is a stretch to call them 'tender' and one of the three was too hard and dry to eat. Further, the dipping sauce was marinara - a complete mismatch for chicken. And one oddity: when the waitress brought hot bread to our table and a neighboring table, she placed a basket of bread on the other table first. The woman there said something to her and the waitress picked up the bread and placed it back on her tray replacing it with the other basket. She then brought the first basket to our table. I asked her what was wrong with it and she said it was perfectly good. I then asked why she had removed it from the other table and she denied doing so.. I'm old but not blind and I clearly saw what she had done. .Eventually she said she would bring a fresh basket and did so after a very long wait. A little thing but it left us with an uneasy feeling and wondering about the reliability, not only of service, but quality and cleanliness of food. Doubtful we will be back.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellant food, always hot & fresh. Good service. You can also call a head for reserve seating. If you order is for "to go' it is always packaged properly and hot. Been going there for over 25 years.