“GREAT GREEK!”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West University
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This place was amazing! The FOOD was EXCELLENT! They waitress was lovely, we were very happy with the whole place!

1  Thank Patti R

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Front desk of the BW we stayed at recommended the place as a good sit-down and dine restaurant. My favorite item at a Greek restaurant is usually the lamb shanks and that is what I ordered. One of the best I have ever had. Tender and very flaverfull without being over powered with spices and herbs. My wife had a giro platter which was very plentiful and also very tasty. Not sure where the get their meat from but it had an excellent balance of spices as well. Other than a limited beer selection and supply, Athens on 4th Ave met our needs very nicely. Sherry, our waitress took care of our every need with a smile. If we were locals, this place would be on our list of regular "go out to dinner" locations. Prices were about right too.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Slow service. High priced for what you get.......much better places in town.
Had the chicken bland and very little spice. .side salad tasty but tiny. Could cover with a pack of smokes. ..four bits and its gone.

2  Thank wackychazz
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Ordered and shared several appetizers. The grilled octopus was amazing. Greek salad was very good. Mixed appetizer with dolmades, feta, cheese also really good but a lot like the Greek salad - I wouldn't get both again. Entrees a bit pricey, so the variety of apps was cheaper and more fun too.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My friends and I chose to eat here while attending the 4th Avenue Street Fair and it was one of our worst food experiences in Tucson. We were seated right away and while the restaurant was busy, there were tables available. They were clearly understaffed and not prepared for the 4th Avenue Street Fair - which is mind boggling since the street fair happens twice a year. You would think they would take the great opportunity to "shine" and show people who are not familiar with the restaurant what they have to offer in hopes of return business.

We ordered gyros, grilled chicken salad and an eggplant sandwich. The food took 30 minutes after we ordered! It was not worth the wait at all. The gyro was very gamey tasting, the chicken on the salad was tough and the salad had a lot of white hard pieces of lettuce. The eggplant sandwhich was okay. The waiter avoided us after were ordered and we had to flag him down to ask where our food was. We also had to ask for bread to satisfy our hunger while waiting. I did see him bring bread to another table as soon as they sat down so I am not sure why we were not offered the same.

We all love greek food but I am sure my entire party will not return to Athens on 4th.

1  Thank AzCatsFan