“Not very authentic .”

Athens On 4th Avenue
Ranked #187 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Neighborhood: West University
“Not very authentic .”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Slow service. High priced for what you get.......much better places in town.
Had the chicken bland and very little spice. .side salad tasty but tiny. Could cover with a pack of smokes. ..four bits and its gone.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank wackychazz

upstate NY
“Very good greek food!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Ordered and shared several appetizers. The grilled octopus was amazing. Greek salad was very good. Mixed appetizer with dolmades, feta, cheese also really good but a lot like the Greek salad - I wouldn't get both again. Entrees a bit pricey, so the variety of apps was cheaper and more fun too.

• Visited September 2013
VAIL
“Horrible food and service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My friends and I chose to eat here while attending the 4th Avenue Street Fair and it was one of our worst food experiences in Tucson. We were seated right away and while the restaurant was busy, there were tables available. They were clearly understaffed and not prepared for the 4th Avenue Street Fair - which is mind boggling since the street fair happens twice a year. You would think they would take the great opportunity to "shine" and show people who are not familiar with the restaurant what they have to offer in hopes of return business.

We ordered gyros, grilled chicken salad and an eggplant sandwich. The food took 30 minutes after we ordered! It was not worth the wait at all. The gyro was very gamey tasting, the chicken on the salad was tough and the salad had a lot of white hard pieces of lettuce. The eggplant sandwhich was okay. The waiter avoided us after were ordered and we had to flag him down to ask where our food was. We also had to ask for bread to satisfy our hunger while waiting. I did see him bring bread to another table as soon as they sat down so I am not sure why we were not offered the same.

We all love greek food but I am sure my entire party will not return to Athens on 4th.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank AzCatsFan
Prescott, AZ
“Damn Good Food.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Monday night recently, and it was a bit quiet. The food was superb. We were a group of 7 and everyone was happy. The table shared a Gyros plate app that dissappeared way too quickly. My brother and I both had moussaka and my only complaint is that it was SO good I ate too much ;-) Even the side of rice (with a light sauce) was fantastic . Service was friendly and good. I would definitely eat here again - prices were reasonable also. Yum!!

1 Thank swami12
Tucson, Arizona
“Closed on Mondays”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you like Greek food this is the place for you. Family owned. I even Had them cater our daughter's wedding.

1 Thank AREQUIPENA

Been to Athens On 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!