“Nice Place, Great Wine, But..”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of McMahon's Prime Steakhouse - CLOSED

McMahon's Prime Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ft. Lowell / Swan
California
“Nice Place, Great Wine, But..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The restaurant has a very nice décor and great atmosphere. They have very impressive wine selection. Appetizers, side dishes and desserts were excellent and so was the service. However, the restaurant main feature - steaks – were far from perfect, the steaks were tasty, but three out of the four we ordered were over cooked. For the price they charge it was a bit disappointing.

• Visited March 2014
Multh, Owner at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
It is great to read that you enjoyed the wine list, ambiance and service. But it is disappointing to read that we missed on the most important part of your experience - the steak - being that we are a steakhouse. I sincerely apologize. I see it was purely the temperature at which the steaks were prepared where we erred, and not the flavor or the other items ordered. We train our grill chefs to temp all steaks before letting them rest then serving them. It seems that we need to revisit this practice. I assure you that training will take place immediately. I could not agree with you more that for the price, you should get the steak as requested. We buy the best beef available to us and our butcher ensures the highest quality products enter our kitchen. If our guests aren't on the receiving end of a perfect steak, we are doing ourselves (and you) an injustice. Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we can improve and thank you for choosing to dine with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Stone Lake, WI
“Great Happy Hour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you like a delicious hamburger at a great price--$5 you must go to McMahons in Tucson. From 3-7 PM every day the appetizers and the burger is $5 dollars while beer, wine and drinks are reduced by $1 in the bar and on the outdoor patio. This is a Tucson landmark--full disclosure--I have not eaten in the main restaurant. However based on the quality of the burger--I likely will try the restaurant sometime. Additionally they have lunch specials every day. In addition to burgers, we shared an appetizer which was very good. Trust me--if you are looking for a great burger--this is a place to find one.

• Visited March 2014
Multh, Owner at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
You are making me hungry for a hamburger right now! Thank you for joining us for happy hour and for the review. We grind or burgers in house and for $5 during happy hour - what a deal. We hope you will join us in the dining room soon. Thank you again for your comments and thank you for choosing to dine with us.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Good with one exception”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We were really looking forward to eating here! There were five of us and four of the five had great food. The fifth serving of a petite filet was terrible, up there with the worst steak I have ever been served! It was tasteless and over cooked! I would have sent it back but we were never even asked how the food tasted. I would expect a restaurant this pricey to ask if we were enjoying the food. I did mention to the bus boy that the steak was not good, he just grunted and took the plate. The service was okay but not up to the par of a restaurant that charges those prices. For example, we ordered coffee and then had to ask for spoons! I had a much better meal and better service at Texas Roadhouse for a lot less money!!

1 Thank cannon057
Multh, Owner at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We are excited to know that you were really looking forward to dining with us. We are also pleased that 4 of 5 entrees were great. We are disappointed, however, to learn that your filet was terrible. It is by far our most popular cut and I am sorry that yours was not to standard. This will be discussed with the chef and butcher. I am also disappointed to learn that a manager never stopped by to check on you. That is our practice and I assure you I will find out why it didn't happen. I am sure we would have resolved your concern(s). Especially after you voiced them to the bus boy. I apologize. Your candid review is most appreciated and we will use this information to train and improve. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again and you have my word that this will not be repeated.
Tucson
“Outstanding steakhouse, but wait there's more..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have eaten at McMahon's numerous times for a variety of occasions, birthday, anniversary, mothers day and so it goes. This is also a great place for happy hour and music on the patio. They have great deal on their appetizers, and drinks and offer a $5 burger that is what you'd expect from this top notch steakhouse, excellent!

• Visited February 2014
Multh, Owner at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you very much for allowing us to serve you over the years. We look forward to serving you for many years to come. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience(s).
Tucson, Arizona
“Great beef, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went to dinner with a party of 8. Service was outstanding in all respects. Wine and appetizers were exceptional. Had a filet which melted in my mouth. Great place for a special treat or occasion. Will definite go again.

• Visited February 2014
Multh, Owner at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I am looking forward to sharing your review with the team! They will be very excited to read it. Our staff truly cares about our guests experiences and it is great to know that their hard work and dedication is noticed. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.