“Marvelous Monday Deal”

Cross street: Ft. Lowell / Swan
Tucson
“Marvelous Monday Deal”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

McMahon's is well known for its upper-crust steak dinners, formal dining room, piano player special evening - with prices to match. A little side note: Happy hour specials all day Monday include a $5 burger with all the trimmings. Beers and wines at discount. Add a $2.50 french fries to share (there's plenty) and have a really top notch meal for two, with a nice tip, for under $30. You receive the quality McMahon service and food and not break the budget.

• Visited September 2013
Multh, Owner at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
So glad you took part in our Monday special. We receive a great response on this special and we truly appreciate that you joined us. Please come see us again soon and thank you for the review.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

food was outstanding and atmosphere was great.. nice "lounge" feel to it with a piano player nearby. Service was very good too.

• Visited September 2013
I am so glad that you joined us and that you enjoyed the live pianist, food and service. We appreciate the review and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.
Tucson
“Old Style American Steakhouse”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is the old traditional style American steakhouse. No rush to churn your table like those corporate theme restaurants (with Aussie accents).

The food is solid and the lunch menu is reasonable and high in quality. I usually go to lunch here and occasional enjoy an after-work stop. (On the "no rush to churn your table"... There are times that the wait staff should be faster, especially for the lunch rush crowd.) If you enjoy a wide wine selection, this is the place for you.

Just an FYI: The restaurant is utilized on Friday afternoons as a broadcast location for an ultra right-wing radio opinion program. This eliminates the use of the McMahons for Friday happy hours with a mixed group, politically speaking.

• Visited August 2013
Multh, Owner at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
As Tucson's only locally owned and operated Prime Steakhouse, we appreciate that you've distinguished us from the corporate competition. I am glad that you have enjoyed dining with us for lunch and for dinner. We do our best to read the pace of our guests and service them as desired. Lunch should definitely be served quickly for the lunch rush crowd, and I will visit this with the management team. We appreciate the feedback and we will address the speed of service. You also note that we host a right wing radio program every Friday. I would like to point out that we do host a political show, but only once a month and on a Thursday. On Fridays we do offer live music on the patio so I encourage you to join us for happy hour and enjoy the entertainment. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again very soon.
“A perfect experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here on 8-2-13 for our anniversary. We have been here a few times and really enjoy the food and atmosphere. I had a 4 course summer special of which every course was excellent. My husband had the ribeye and it was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Our waiter was kind and attentive and the piano playing in the background added to the atmosphere. We will of course be back.

• Visited August 2013
Multh, Owner at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Wonderful! Thank you for choosing to dine with us for your special occasion - and congratulations. It is great to read that every aspect of your evening with us was "perfect". We hope to serve you for many more anniversaries to come and many times between. Our team will be excited to read your review and I can't wait to share it with them. Happy Anniversary from all of us at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse.
Tucson, Arizona
“Horrid”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The food was very sparse. When I order lobster I expect to get something on the place. It was expensive and nothing to eat. Flemings is so far superior and you get your moneys worth. Not so at McMahons.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank believer1313
Multh, General Manager at McMahon's Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to have your feedback. We appreciate all feedback and look at all of our guests’ comments as an opportunity to improve. When there is a concern with the value at the restaurant we need to learn as much as we can about your experience. It is my best guess that you are referring to our Small Plates 4 Course Menu for $29.95. Our 4 Course "Tasting" menu is designed to offer four small plate courses for a great value. If that is the case, the lobster tail option (as stated on the menu) is 5-6 oz. I apologize if that was misleading in any way. If you would be so kind as to contact me at your earliest convenience, so we can make any necessary adjustments for the future, I would greatly appreciate it. We look forward to hearing from you soon. 327-7463

Josh Proctor