“au contraire”

India Oven Cuisine of India
Ranked #169 of 2,069 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tucson's favorite northern Indian Punjabi cuisine for over 22 years. Enjoy homestyle Indian dishes in a beautiful décor.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

after reading many reviews of this restaurant, our party of six expected to experience good food, but were somewhat less optimistic about the ambiance and service. To our surprise, not only was the food absolutely excellent, the service was more than adequate. The manager attended our table - and others - and was most attentive and helpful. Our party included a lady who was born in India. Her evaluation of the food was top notch in her wide experience. Our party has already decided to return when we come back to Tucson next fall and likely attend on a monthly basis. By the way, my wife and I were recommended the Indian "Tiger" beer and the manager suggested splitting the bottle since it was 22 ounces in size. it was a very good beer and served in ice cold mugs.

1  Thank terry h

Reviewed February 20, 2013

English family very keen on Indian food. We have always had good food before in the US, but this was decidedly average, chicken greasy, poor quality meat and bland sauces. Would not go again.

1  Thank JonnyB777
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I live in Phoenix & love Indian food. Wish this restaurant was there. Food was outstanding, better than most and as good as any we've had and we eat Indian cuisine in almost every city we visit.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I had dinner with a party of six at India Oven last evening. With the usual sharing of entres I was able to sample seven or eight of the items on the menu and they were all excellent. Combine this with friendly, attentive service and moderate pricing for a really nice dining experience. India Oven is my top choice for Indian cuisine in Tucson.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've been to this place a whole lot. I return because it's centrally located. The food is mediocre and pretty bland. The ambience leaves a lot to be desired. During the day time, the owner leaves the lights off (presumably to save money) and it's very hot in there. The owner can be charming to patrons, especially to regulars or seemingly affluent people, but she can also be downright vicious. I have personally witnessed her screaming at the cook on several occasions. Better Indian food can be found at Shere Punjab or Curry Leaf.