“Bueno”
Review of La Fuente - CLOSED

La Fuente
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Bueno”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Food was great with a large selection of choices with a very good selection of seafood dishes. Our waiter Alfonso was one of the best I have had. Immediately made us feel welcome and gave us just the right amount of attention. Can't wait to go back.

Edmonton, Canada
“A Tucson Must”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Every time my family and I come to Tucson up from Canada, one of the biggest hankerings we have is good Mexican food (it's not nearly as abundant in the far north). Since '99 we've been coming to La Fuente and make a big point of it to stop by every time we're in town at least once.
The last (couple of times) we went was for the Sunday Brunch (the mimosas kept flowing, but I still remember how good the food was) as well as dinner. Highly recommend getting the fresh guacamole. Jose was our server and he totally rocked.
It was my dad's birthday, and he got the full sombrero & mariachi treatment, it was pretty sweet. He's old. But that's beside the point- it was great. I just said that bit to make fun of him should he ever put in his own review. So Dad, if you're reading this: you're old.
We can't wait to get back to Tucson- La Fuente is a STAPLE to Tucson dining as far as we're concerned!

Keep supporting these guys so they're around for many, many years to come!

• Visited December 2012
Miramar, Florida
“Atmosphere over substance”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I arrived at La Fuente almost at closing time. The front gate was already closed, but I quickl,y drove around to the side, and entered the parking lot.
Once I entered, Gloria was very accomodating, and allowed me to come in, even though they had already turned off part of the kitchen.
She quickly brought me chips and salsa, but shocked me with the negative response to something hotter "other than the bottled stuff". I would have expected any Mexican restaurant to have a "spicier salsa" set aside for hotheads.
I ordered the Mole Poblano at her recomendation. The mole itself was sweeter and less spicy than I would have preferred, but flavorful. The rice and beans were OK, though a bit on the bland side.
The singer onstage was quite adept, and switched easily between mariachi songs and Bob Denver ballads. He kept the small crowd entertained, and took the spotlight without being a nuisance.
Based on the time I arrived, I did not mind being hurried a bit in the service, and certainly did not feel welcomed to order coffee or dessert.
The atmosphere, while slightly on the kitsch side, made the place worthwhile.
Maybe next time, with more time, I can better enjoy it.

Yuliana P, Manager at La Fuente, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I would like to take the time to thank you for your review. We will definitely work on making the salsa a bit spicier for our customers who request it. I am sorry that you felt a bit rushed but would like for you to please come in and try us again. We won't disappoint you!
Box Elder, South Dakota
“Excellence in simplicity”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A fine example of Mexican cuisine. The ambiance makes you feel like you actually traveled to Mexico. The food was delicious, the service was outstanding. This is definitely my choice for Mexican food in Tucson.

Basel, Switzerland
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went to La Fuente after reading the Trip Advisor reviews so we had our hopes up that this visit would prove the reviews were valid. Nope, didn't happen. Roberto was our server and we had a vegetarian combo and an asada burrito. The beans with the burrito were cold and obviously just served from a can. The steak in the burrito was hard and chewy. We won't go back.